🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Availability Badge Price Increase
Page options
4f19aa7c
Community Manager
Community Manager

Availability Badge Price Increase

Effective January 3, the price of turning on the Availability Badge increased from 6 Connects to 7 Connects.

Check out the product update for Availability Badge Price Increase and let us know your thoughts about this update in the comments below.

5 REPLIES 5
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

If this is a prequel to your scrapping boosting and Connects awards, then I'd welcome this news.

I understand that if you want to scrap boosting, you'd want to replace the lost revenue from other sources.

If this isn't a prequel to any other serious changes to restore quality to the platform, then it's of no material relevance to anybody.

In fact, I'd have no qualms whatsoever with making the badge even dearer, if you need the money to enable you scrap boosting.

gajda_mary
Community Member

I do not like the increase in connects on the availability badge. It is tough enough for me to live with family members on a financial budget of money daily...now to be concerned of increases and loss of connects.                                                                  Sometimes smaller projects are better for me with my schedule of family life.                                                                                              Then again when the Medical Billing projects arise (or Data Entry)- these cost more in connects, plus the competition is greater as well.              If boosting connects is on the horizon to be eliminated - I am in favor of this action.

27cfc6a0
Community Member

Who are you people, how do you get a real resume without committing yourself?

Dear LeRoy,

I am not sure what you mean by 'get a real resume' without committing yourself?

MaryG. writing here, - Like you I am a Community Member. "Answers 'Who are you people?'                                                  Or if you were responding to the thread in regards to the Availability badge - the people would be the UpWork Staff.

A resume to me could mean: A refernce (or feedback from a client) - Or - How many projects you have on UpWork and listed them on a resume - Your job experience in detail of what you did in the past.  So, which is it LeRoy?

barry_pat
Community Member

1. How can we know when this weekly charge changes? Where will you post it? (Because I know you don’t notify us!)
  2. How often does it actually fluctuate? (How often do I need to go looking for the rate?)
  3. Has the charge ever actually gone down?
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths