🐈
» Forums » Support » Connects for Interviews Won
Page options
2c724a5e
Community Member

Connects for Interviews Won

This week, we are making two significant changes, we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. 

Check out the product update for Connects for Interviews Won and let us know your thoughts about this update in the comments below.

280 REPLIES 280
davydkoff
Community Member

Who do you mean by an "established client on Upwork"?

Hi Ilia and Amit, 

That generally means a client who has hired and spent on Upwork in the past. We will not be sharing the details as we hope that will prevent people from gaming the system to get Connects they shouldn't. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria, thank you!

This is great news. However, I am worried that, even though this will certainly decrease the number of fake posts, established clients will become exclusively targeted. What I mean by that is that spammers will no longer look for newly registered clients and will only focus on clients with previous hiring. I think it is best if this whole reward system gets shut down.

Hi,

"If any upwork agent is reading. Please reply, we are facing tough time."

I am new on upwork. And most of the  begginers like me find work with clients who are also new to upwork. We not only find work with new upwork clients but As well as  we also get connects to find more work. But because of your new update we are no longer able to find more work because we are out of connects as most of the times only new upwork clients give work to us, not the clients who are established and have spent many dollers.

I am requesting on behalf of all new freelancers that please don't make this platform so much though for begginers. We don't have money to buy connects.

We are not asking for old connects system as it contains lot of scammers who where generating fake connects.

We only want you  to make upwork a little bit easy for us. You can help us by increasing the amount of mounthly connects given to freelancer basic account or by decreasing the price of connects.

Your kind action will really help us to make our future on upwork.

Thanks 

Sana

Sana You are absolutly right. I think upwork should increase the  amount of mounthly connects given to freelancer basic account. It can help us alot.

Please upwork, Dont ignore Our request and help freelacers to grow.

Thanks

Hi, I made two interviews on 17-9-2022 and one interview on 16-9 with no bonus added
I have raised a previous concern regarding other interviews before these dates, and successfully got rewarded, but these 3- interviews are not rewarded. Also I have raised a cencern about these new interviews but the agent misunderstand or being confused between these interviews and the old ones. Please make a review of these dates
Thanks

Hi Osama,

Please note that we recently put out an update that we're no longer awarding Free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of connects rewarded in these cases. You may want to check this recently posted update about the Connects for Interview Won.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b8b0bb75
Community Member

Hey luiggi. We know about the update. But what about our request of  increasing the amount of mounthly connects given to freelancer basic account or by decreasing the price of connects. Will upwork take any action to help us

Hi Sana,

Thank you for your feedback. There aren't any plans to implement this in our immediate roadmap, but I'll be sure to share your suggestion with the team for consideration in the future.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
hossamyz
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,
I bought connects in order to get a job, but I did not succeed in getting the job, But I got 3 interviews with clients, I did not get the reward, and connects ended, because of your policy, I lost twice, what I bought and lost my connects reward

I feel so sorry for those who pay real money for Connects while tens of thousands are (as recently as last week, I can confirm), gaming the system to get it for free.

It's almost like having different charges for an item you're selling to the same set of people, with persons in the same category and with just about the same purchasing power. I know some companies do Pay What You Want but this ain't that at all.

Routinely giving something free to some freelancers while charging others for it is grossly inappropriate, in my view.

The right thing for Upwork to do, would be to refund any and all monies freelancers paid for Connects during the period these Connect awards held sway.

Hi osama, upwork has updated there connects system. they are not going to give connects for every interview. The only solution is to request upwork that they should increase the  amount of mounthly connects given to freelancer basic account. Or decreasing the price of connects.

Help us to make upwork aware of our request.

I have read your post and diagnosed the real, underlying issue: You're having difficulty landing work.

The solution to your problem is not reducing the price of Connects.

The solution to your problem is not an increase in the quantity of free Connects given.

The solution to your problem is an increase in the price of Connects and/or an abolition of most, if not all free Connect grants.

This is the only way to eliminate the spam that is preventing your proposals from standing out to clients.

Because no freelancer in their right mind would send spam proposals if they bought all their Connects with real money.

I posted a job last week and boy, was the level of spam unprecedented. I had simply never seen anything like it. Allow me to advise you that none of the spammers paid real money for their Connects.

They are all gaming the system, in their hordes, with all its loopholes.

According to my view this is not a good solution for a beginner on upwork

How should he /she start his career with 10 monthly free connects ? we only can bid 1 or 2 jobs using those connects, 

beginners like us are coming to upwork to earn money becausemost of people doesnt have a good income, So now, they have to spend more money fist to earn on upwork, And the final result will be the upwork earnings will be spent for getting upwork connects

This is just only my personal view. Please give the priority to Get up new freelancers on upwork, 

because now upwork is the largest freelancing website, most of people are coming here to do jobs as well as most of freelancers are doing upwork as their full time job. 

THank you. 

please increase per month connect up to 40.. you started the boost system therefore 10connect don't have any values

Hi,

Since Upwork is incapable, or to better say, it's team is incompetent to fight the Fake clients, why don't allow us to have access to Client's details?

To read their Reviews, both Public and Private, since these are things that affect our JSS and which is probably a great reason for FAKE jobs and by that for Fake accounts and Fake JSS, regardless that your JSS is incorrect, which I have already proven to your team multiple times, but you are refusing to make any change, although it is causing tremendous damage to the Freelancers, **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I do not mean to 'Game the system'.                                                                                                                                                        However, some Freelancers do not understand the importance of making a 'Established client' happy.                  Let us look at this way: "If all Freelancers on UpWork" do not strive to make their 'Established clients' happy - this is a bad reflection on UpWorks Quality of Freelancers to clients.

Right? I could be wrong. MaryG.

With all due respect I understand that we wont be getting connects, for my reason beyond understanding of what you mean by established client.

Further,
May I ask you one question?

Is it correct that all freelancer bear the cost of mishap done by very few mischievous freelancers?

In my personal opinion and with all respect, just hiding everything under the word 'established client' takes away the transparency of the system. 

Further as you wish....

Thanks....

Hello Llia,

Established client means:  It is tha 'same' client you have done several (or more than 2 or 3) projects for.                          This is wonderful to do. You make the 'established client' - happy with your good work - while your percentage drops to from 0.20% to 0.10% to 0.05% the more work you do for the 'established client'.

It is a Win - Win for both of you! - MaryG.

Me plz help me

Najiib
9fe872eb
Community Member

Sounds good to me. Well done!

The "established clients" part makes sense - I would be curious to know the criteria but I'd understand if you want to keep that a secret to protect the system from getting gamed again. And from a similar perspective, while you probably have reason for not disclosing the logic for the number of connects to be awarded (when they are), is it possible for you to share a range so that freelancers have a way of telling you when something is off or not working as expected?

shummas
Community Member

With the spam cut less, you are likely to get noticed more often if you're writing good proposals. Hence, more opportunities for you. When/if that happens, buying the membership for $15 would be the best way forward so that you do not have to worry about connects. I'd rather prefer Upwork not disclose anything about the range or amount of spending required, to prevent the spammers from exploiting it. Better let them keep guessing! 😁 

Shummas H wrote:

With the spam cut less, you are likely to get noticed more often if you're writing good proposals. Hence, more opportunities for you. When/if that happens, buying the membership for $15 would be the best way forward so that you do not have to worry about connects. I'd rather prefer Upwork not disclose anything about the range or amount of spending required, to prevent the spammers from exploiting it. Better let them keep guessing! 😁 

If I'm not mistaken, if you only want the membership for the connects, it's actually cheaper to buy them in batches.

gohar-unxila
Community Member

My connects are ending, I haven't received any interview invite yet, what can I do? 

7f73cc64
Community Member

This is actually very good news. Who doesn't hate cheaters? Now, I believe those of us who are relying on talent and valuable skills have a better chance of getting noticed. 

Those of us with talent and valuable skills are more likely to have to pay for connects.

I am not dedicated to hating anyone. Whether they are cheaters or not. But you have to recognize that cheaters are usually very smart. The point is that "Upwork" should be smarter than these "cheaters"

ad230e42
Community Member

Hi Fellow Freelancers and Upwork Agents, 

I am quite clueless as to why I haven't received all my connects, which I was supposed to get for responding to the interviews I responded to yesterday.  I was expecting to get around 40 connects today (since I responded to 4 interviews yesterday), but I only woke up with 10 extra connects. 

If this is a fault on Upwork's end (which I'm quite certain it is), can one of the team members please reach out? Assistance from an Upwork member will be very much appreciated! 

Thanks Very Much!

Best,
Azam

Rules have changed. You might want to look at the update below.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Product-Updates/Connects-for-Interviews-Won/ba-p/1147321

ad230e42
Community Member

Thanks, Sophie. I wasn't aware of this.

Thanks again!

Azam

be86345b
Community Member

I haven't received connects after job interview 

Hi Agatha,

Please be aware that we recently put out an update that we're no longer awarding Free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of connects rewarded in these cases. You may want to check this recently posted update about the Connects for Interview Won.

~ Arjay
Upwork
vinod111
Community Member

This is a good move. It will surely decrease spam job postings👍

6eb435ab
Community Member

Hey, i know upwork has updated it connect rewarding policies, but I got interviewed for two jobs (both verified payment clients) and even got hired for one. And got no connects. Unfortunately for new freelancers like me, I'll be unable to gain profit if I have to keep buying connects when I am not getting any from being hired. Please see this issue. 

Hi Yusra Idrees,

Thank you for your message. I certainly understand your concern. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some were gaming the system to earn free Connects. Since we want to ensure Connects end up with those following our guidelines on Upwork, we felt the change was necessary. 

We suggest you check out the product update for Connects for Interviews Won for more details as to why this change needs to be implemented. Let us know your thoughts about this update in the comments below.

~ Arjay
Upwork
80d96023
Community Member

Hi,

It has been more than 24 hours since I got an interview. However, I haven't received ten connects yet.
Please kindly help me with this case.

Thank you so much!
Yen

Hi Vu Thi,

Please be aware that we recently put out an update that we're no longer awarding Free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of connects rewarded in these cases. You may want to check this recently posted update about the Connects for Interview Won.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths