🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Create your own network right here on Upw...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Create your own network right here on Upwork (beta): Feedback and Questions

Building a network of fellow professionals you can count on is one of the best ways to grow your business. Today we announced a beta test as the first step in a greater initiative. With this feature, talent included in the test can save and message other talent on the platform. 

Check out the announcement and let us know your thoughts about these updates in the comments below.

Cheers,
Mike
115 REPLIES 115

Hi Douglas, we definitely understand! This will be resolved as part of a new feature release later this month, where you'll have a fully functional search with all the parameters available in profiles.

Thanks for the update!

Hi Thamsanqa, thank you for the feedback! In addition to Joanne's comment, I recently posted an update to address this feedback ( you might see it if you scroll up a little bit in this forum ^^ ).

We'll be releasing a feature (end of this month) to be able to add freelancers to your network from the talent search bar, which allows you to search and filter by all parameters of your profile. This would let you find other market researchers by category and skills, instead of just by name or email.

Hope this helps!

sufi_shadow
Community Member

Hi! I hope you are doing great. I want to know how can I get "my network" on upwork. I am unable to find it yet. Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

This is a beta feature. We’re working on making it available to everyone soon! In the meantime, you can access the waitlist here Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
adhanet_
Community Member

How does this differ from a talent cloud?

Hi Adhanet,

To learn more about this, check out our announcement here. If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sparkesusan
Community Member

Supposedly, we can click on the Find Work and then Your Network. I don't have the Your Network on the list. 

Hi Susan,

This is a beta feature. We’re working on making it available to everyone soon! In the meantime, you can access the waitlist hereTo learn more about this, check out our announcement here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Akso, will we have to pay somehow via connects or something?

Excerpt from AnnouncementExcerpt from Announcement

The above excerpt from the announcement describes something other than what I see. I have responded to an inviation to join a network. I do not see a waitlist button.

Hi Douglas,

You have full access to the feature; therefore, you would not see the waitlist button.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike J wrote:

You have full access to the feature; therefore, you would not see the waitlist button.

OK, thanks. I assumed I did not have full access, as described in the quoted text, because I don't see any way to invite someone to a new network. What am I missing?

Hey Douglas,

This might be a bug. I'm checking with the team behind the feature and will update you ASAP.

Cheers,
Mike
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Douglas,

It looks like we found a bug, but we've resolved it for you. You should now see a green "Add to Network" button on the Your Network page

Cheers,
Mike

It's working, Mike. Thanks for the quick resolution.

Best,

Michael

puda
Community Member

Hello,

When trying to access "Your Network" I keep getting this notification at the top: Failed to get connections.

I do have connections in there. Looks like a glitch.

Can you check? Thanks!

Hi Lisa,

I checked your account and tried to replicate the error but wasn't able to. It may have been a temporary glitch, but let me know if you continue experiencing it and if switching browsers helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria, working now!

Community Member

Great! but Send message button is not working in Add to your network 

Am i the only one who is facing issue or Anybody else.

c3e06618
Community Member

Hello Mike,

Can you please let me know what is the benefit of the Upwork network?

Hi Shehdad Ali, Mike isn't around but I'll be happy to share some information about this feature. Your network is a collection of people you’ve decided to connect with on Upwork. You may choose to build a network to share ideas, get advice, or collaborate on projects –– it’s completely up to you. For now, you can message with freelancers in your network. In the future, we plan to add more tools for you to collaborate. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
mlbestdesigns
Community Member

I really want to try this new feature. IMO it's a big step to the plataform. I already have some friends that sent me a request but I'm not able to send an invitation. I've subscribed to the beta version but I didn't receive any information about it yet. 

Hi Mateus,

Thanks for sharing your excitement about this feature. While it's not yet fully available to everyone, we are planning to expand it in the future and will be providing updates here in the Community.

~ Valeria
Upwork
bundie702
Community Member

My recommendation would be to add the ability to send a note to freelancers if we decline their invitation. I just turned down an invite from a logo designer because it is not related to the work do. I would have liked to have given him my reasons. 

jakariahossain58
Community Member

Hello
My account hasnt this option " ADD Network". Can you please tell how can I get this option?

tanzeel419
Community Member

Hi all, 

I have seen that Upwork has released a new feature "Your Network" but I haven't seen this feature in my profile. What could possibly be the reason and how to solve it?

Many thanks !!

Hi Tanzeel,

This is a beta feature. We’re working on making it available to everyone soon! In the meantime, you can access the waitlist here.

~Andrea
Upwork
wlfetter
Community Member

Look, I don't mean to be difficult here, but I only became aware of this feature today when someone I don't know tried to spam connect me TWICE to sell me stupid lead generation services. If this feature is going to turn into the next way for everyone to try and spam agency owners with nonsense messages (and Lead gen/appointment setting is the WORST, I get mutliple offers a day by multiple other means), you really need to give us a way to either opt out of this feature or block people on the first strike. Allowing them to contact us three times before they're banned is just shifting the problem to your customers, who didn't actually ask for this.  And you really ought to set up that feature so if people are sending out hundreds of requests and nobody accepts, they aren't allowed to do it anymore. 

priyankara86
Community Member

Hi,

Can I request a job from freelancer in my network, is it legal?

Thanks,

Regards,

Priyankara

Hi Priyankara,

Thank you for reaching out. Please know that if a freelancer accepted an hourly contract, the invoices they submit should accurately reflect the work they’ve done.

Freelancers can’t subcontract any of the work they've agreed to complete on hourly contracts because the hours will be invoiced under their name alone. If you’d like to work with freelancers or need help in connecting with clients, consider joining an agency.

As for fixed-price contracts, freelancers can subcontract unless the client prohibits it. If you’re subcontracting some tasks on a fixed-price contract to another freelancer, we strongly encourage you to share this information with your client to maintain trust and transparency. You would have to consider maintaining a good working relationship with a client otherwise, they can cancel the contract at any time. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks

Priyankara K wrote:

Can I request a job from freelancer in my network, is it legal?

Soliciting work is not the purpose of the networking feature. We do not "request" jobs on Upwork, we find them through search, or are invited to interview for them.

sa_freelancer
Community Member

sure

c60da190
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Upwork. Please add me to your professional network, Try to reffer me invitations so I can get my first job.

Regards,

Maaz

c60da190
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Upwork. Please add me to your professional network. Also try to refer me invites so I can get my first project on Upwork.

Regards,

Maaz

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths