🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Custom Requests on Project Catalog
Page options
2c724a5e
Community Member

Custom Requests on Project Catalog

Starting September 23, half of all clients can request customized work on projects and services in Project Catalog.

Check out the product update and let us know your thoughts about this update in the comments below.

8 REPLIES 8
researchediting
Community Member

Suppose a prospective client has access to this feature.
They decide to bypass it, and choose a predetermined tier of service/contract.

Upon opening communication, we discover that customization is in order.
Can I easily direct them back to the customization option, or do I have to direct them to the regular marketplace and close the pending PC contract?

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Suppose a prospective client has access to this feature.
They decide to bypass it, and choose a predetermined tier of service/contract.

Upon opening communication, we discover that customization is in order.
Can I easily direct them back to the customization option, or do I have to direct them to the regular marketplace and close the pending PC contract?

Anyone?

Hi Michael, 
Sorry about the delay, I was just typing a response here!

Yes, unfortunately, there isn't a way to modify the Project Catalog contract that's already been initiated. However, you should be able to follow the steps outlined here to propose a new customized contract from the Message room and then close the initial one. Hope this helps!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks, Valeria!

In a way not so burdensome, since I already anticipated needing to do that in response to standard PC contracts.

On the other hand, if the customization feature could be backed into from a standard offer, that would seem to leverage its intended flexibility while decreasing friction for prospective clients—always a good thing!

I trust you'll be passing these considerations on to the design and implementation team. 😁

All the best,

MM

I had an enquiry yesterday from a client who saw my project catalog, and she seemed to instantly realize that the description didn't quite fit her needs, and sent me a message to get a custom quote. After discussing details with the client, you can then create a contract yourself with all the details, deliverables and price. It's a million times better than the previous one-size-fits-all model; I'm really pleased that Upwork has made this change.

Thanks, Christine!

As you describe your process, that might be even easier for both parties than the procedure I had in mind.

So it seems once we receive an offer/inquiry from a client (beyond invitation), that unlocks our ability to propose a contract—as we can now with previous clients? That sounds like very good news!

It's even better than getting an inquiry for a fixed price project, since you can set up the contract with all the details yourself.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

This is a very welcome change, and will make me far more likely to create new project catalog listings.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths