🐈
» Forums » Support » Design System Upgrade
Page options
2c724a5e
Community Member

Design System Upgrade

We recently launched a new Design System Upgrade. We are upgrading our design system, so clients and freelancers will notice new color themes. The layout and functionality of the Upwork platform have not changed.

Check out the announcement for Design System Upgrade and let us know your thoughts about this update in the comments below.

48 REPLIES 48
luqman_mak
Community Member

lol. this new one is too bright 

94083b8f
Community Member

The older one was easy to read access.

rolludesig
Community Member

Just wanted to check has upwork changed the user interface? i can see changes in colors/buttons etc

ding ding ding Rahul wins the prize ...

😊

elyannie
Community Member

I like the old upwork look back before they changed the fonts 😝

sparkesusan
Community Member

I noticed that the look on the Find Word page has changed. Why? I don't really mind the new look. Just why? This accomplished what?

sunjava11
Community Member

d1 is the file I used to see, it was a very nice and calming design.

d2 is the design I see now, and it feels like it is broken, all functionality is working, but it is very uneasy to the eyes.

Can someone help me, if it is a new design, how can I revert back to old design.

I totally agree with you. The old design was much better and more user-friendly. This new design is a mess. Upwork, is it possible to revert to the previous design, please?

eec2b60c
Community Member

1)  Submit proposal become grey on my profile. however, I am able to submit the proposal.

2) Bell icon becomes a question mark and does not appear as a bell icon. 

There is no notification/message for anything. If anybody knows plz help to resolve it.

How it will be resolved? 

eec2b60c_0-1659041283684.pngeec2b60c_1-1659041307226.png

sunjava11
Community Member

The thing I don't like is the blue color of hyperlinks, it all looks like someone missed the CSS

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Thanks all for sharing your feedback and observations around the recent design system upgrade.
I have merged your comments into this thread dedicated to feedback and questions about this change. You can also find more information about it in this announcement. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you, Valeria. The old design was much better and more user-friendly. This new design is a mess. Is it possible to revert to the previous design, please?

vladimirbalt
Community Member

Upwerk, hunny.

Peace and unity and all the rest, but for the love of GOD give us a "dark theme" option? It's 2022.
My Eyes went x👄x once I opened the front page today to the new design.

Funky stuff design wise but please, help me save my organs of the visual system💗

shehanfernando
Community Member

Hi Chirstopher, it would be great to have the older design's green color for the hyperlinks. The new blue color is bit hard for the eyes.

I agree; the colors are bit "wonky". Everything is all the same color and nothing stands out.

9bd4108e
Community Member

This upgrade is not good lol I'm sure it looked great on mockups but all the colors are not working well together. 

fastinphp
Community Member

New design look so cheap, illegible, looks like the pages are all broken. Some of btn not readable, do you tested your design?

fastinphp_0-1659080178201.png

Looks like a kindergartener put it together. Sorry if that pi**es some folks off. But it does! Very plain!

joshy_frontend
Community Member

I have to say. I personally like the old design and I would prefer the old design even in 50 years to come than this new design. Please, bring back the old design.

iasmaa
Community Member

I've read that there will be a dark mode; please, hurry up!

decodistny
Community Member

+1 for dark mode... (after the search engine is fixed, which is on fire)

m_terrazas
Community Member

One question, have you moved the link bar (Find Work, My Jobs, etc...) to the left or is it a bug?
Because if you have moved it, bad, very bad. With a centered web, the normal and comfortable thing is that it is also centered.
I don't know if any more changes have been made, but can you put it back in the center please?

Hi Maria, 

That change is not a bug and is part of the new design. Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

The transitional approach is like being pecked to death by ducks. A series of inconsequential aesthetic changes implemented over time is somewhat distracting and mildly annoying. And it drags out the agony of hearing all the complaints about color choices. Why not just rip off the bandaid all at once and then everybody can get on with things?

mar_work
Community Member

I thought the change was a design error. Is it just me or does it just seem harder to read with the new design? White so bright it hurts the eyes.
That is just my opinion.

Marcelo C wrote:

I thought the change was a design error. Is it just me or does it just seem harder to read with the new design? White so bright it hurts the eyes.
That is just my opinion.

No, it's not just you. It's very hard to read. It's like Upwork wants to make things harder by making it harder for people to use their site by design, as they always tell us. 

It's a shame. The old color scheme worked fine. How strange that they have opted for this change. It's hard for me. I'm also not used to the new look of messages (chat). Not being able to easily access old chats (which have already been hidden), is not comfortable.
Anyway, maybe I'm too old and I don't like changes!🙃

andrewnabil95
Community Member

New design is very bad, colors are off and not easy on the eyes. Please bring back the old color design. way better than this new one!

sunjava11
Community Member

The new design is too much uneasy. It's all black and white, they should have the option to revert back the old design.

ae056563
Community Member

Hello!

My upwork is different. Its header is not blue but grey and all the icons including the notification bell and other writings are grey not like the way everything was when I signed up for the first time. Can anyone help me and guide me on what is happening?

The website got revamped, they changed the layout very recently.
They have more details about it on this page:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Product-Updates/bg-p/ProductUpdates

sparkesusan
Community Member

I find the new color bland. The white and light green just blend together, making it difficult to look at it. Why all the one color? It's dull!

sparkesusan
Community Member

It would be nice if someone would at least let the freelancers and clients have a say before doing these things. 

c2caf8de
Community Member

Please fix this. It was not visible when it comes to the footer.

Hi Zehad, 

Could you please share a bit more information about where you're seeing the footer overlapping the button like this? Which page is it on?
Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
wescowley
Community Member

Since the design has changed, I've been unable to flag posts. I first get a popup that flagging is temporarily unavailable, and then the below popup. I have cleared cache and cookies.

chrome_H1r4clTS3b.png

Hi Wes,

It sounds like the errors with flagging job postings are already on the team's radar and they're working on fixing them as soon as possible. We'll be providing an update once that's fixed. 
Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
a86fb78d
Community Member

Loving the direction you're going in with the new upgrades! The site feels a bit more premium 👌

One thing I noticed was this section I've attached. Kinda looks like a burger. Not sure if that was intentional.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths