Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Updates to Work Diary: Feedback and Questions

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
1 of 54

Work Diary is getting some updates to improve the mobile experience and overall responsiveness. Check out the announcement here and let us know your thoughts about these updates as you log time in Work Diary.

~ Valeria
Upwork
decodistny
Jason M S Member Since: Jul 20, 2020
2 of 54

Glad that the Work Diary is getting some attention!

Unfortunately, the new design has a major usability issue. The contract dropdown is too narrow, so contract titles are cut off. Also, the client's name is gone, which is a problem for similarly-named contracts. The risk of making a mistake is now much higher.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
3 of 54

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback, Jason. I'll go ahead and share your comment about viewing contract titles and clients' names with the team.

~ Valeria
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
4 of 54

Valeria K wrote:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback, Jason. I'll go ahead and share your comment about viewing contract titles and clients' names with the team.

Valeria, I want to second this. I NEED to client name in the Work Diary drop down. Especially if you do similar work for all clients, it makes it very hard to figure out which one is which. 

martinceisel
Community Leader
Martin C Member Since: Feb 24, 2017
5 of 54

Same here. Gotta be able to see the client's name in this drop-down (not just the title of the contract). 

wescowley
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
6 of 54

Amanda L wrote:

Valeria, I want to second this. I NEED to client name in the Work Diary drop down. Especially if you do similar work for all clients, it makes it very hard to figure out which one is which. 

Thirded (for fourthed, not sure). I rarely pay attention to what the contract names are, and many of them are very similar. I need the client names in the drop down to find the right page. This is unusable.

ETA: the only way to know which work diary is which is to navigate through the contract page.

emaltsev
Evgeny M Member Since: Nov 4, 2021
7 of 54

I appriciate the effort to improve the UX!

However there are things I really miss from the prev design

- ability to see big enough screenshots on the "Screenshot details" page, i.e. after you click on the tiles with the screenshot previews, the modal window that gets opened is very narrow and the screenshot on it is very small therefore

- it was possible to go to a next/prev screenshot in that "Screenshot details" page using your keyboard's left/right arrows. Now I have to close the modal and click a new tile.

deschenko
Igor D Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
8 of 54

Completely unusable. I worked without stopping for 70 minutes, and this is represented by four groups some of which include 1 or 2 segments. What purpose does this serve? I miss the compact view without screenshots where you could easily see the size of sessions (shifts).

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
9 of 54

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Igor.

Logged time is now grouped based on continuous sessions with same memos and/or activity code. So changing a memo and/or activity would start a new group. In general, these changes were made to modernize and optimize the Work Diary page so that it could be used from any type of device, including mobile devices, and was consistent with the rest of Upwork's pages.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mbusel
Ace Contributor
Maxim B Member Since: Dec 25, 2014
10 of 54
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS