Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to Work Diary: Feedback and Questions

firescue17
Community Guru
Steve L Member Since: May 5, 2015
21 of 61

Discussion Item: Since when do hours contain 80 minutes?

Discussion Item: Below is a color-coded sample of hours worked on a single contract for today,  beginning at HH:00 and ending at HH:59. The layout is nonsensical and just simply terribly bad.

Work Diary Abomination.png

dhezza_vhaldz
Rodessa V Member Since: Aug 10, 2015
22 of 61

Hello Valeria,

Update looks good, however I hope you could bring back the compact version where there's an option to choose the view without the screenshot, it's easier to check the activity levels. Also, I don't understand how the screenshots are grouped. The previous version, which was per hour, is better and looks better, to be honest.

Seeing my fellow freelencers' feedback, I could see they prefer the previous look and features of the Work Diary. I hope you'll bring t back. Thank you!

All the best,

Rodessa

muhh
Dmitry M Member Since: Jun 2, 2016
23 of 61

For those with full time contracts, we do need the classic representation of the work day as timeline vs. activitiy to track our schedule and breaks with ease. The new version is not a diary but work notes in this regard and is very inconvenient.

I agree with what Pavla said, it's hard to believe that the new UI would be supported by the end users (freelancers) if they were asked about it prior to its rollout.

d00g
Damijan K Member Since: May 3, 2016
24 of 61

Agree with Pavla and Dmitry. I would suggest that you use a responsive design for mobile devices and revert back to the old UI for desktops which works well while the new one is a disaster from the usability point of view. 

alyona_che
Alyona C Member Since: Jan 2, 2017
25 of 61

Completely agree with Pavla and Dmitry. It is so difficult to use, even the color is so hard to perceive, green was much better and understandable.

List view was perfect too...

Please, bring the old work diary back! 

ikaunator
Irina K Member Since: Nov 3, 2021
26 of 61

Agree with Pavla, Dmitry, Damian and others. Just accidentaly deleted 30 min of group instead of 10 min. 

This look and functional just raise anxiety in general. And it has impact to contributor productivity as well.

Please bring back previous version.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
27 of 61

Hi All,

Many of you requested an option to select client's name in addition to the contract name in the Work Diary. We understand that it's an important option to have, especially for talent who have multiple contracts with similar names. Our engineering team is working on adding this option to the new design.

~ Valeria
Upwork
joechiu
Ace Contributor
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 1, 2018
28 of 61

"especially for talent who have multiple contracts with similar names"

It's not simply that the names may be similar. They are not memorable. In my earlier example, decorate a cake and cake decorator are not similar in naming, but equally useless in distinguishing which contract is which because they are just so unmemorable.

kobor
Ace Contributor
Sandor-Csaba M Member Since: Apr 26, 2011
29 of 61

No, the problem is not just the names, there are many problems, like hard to see gaps, then i can't bloody navigate from one screenshot to the next one, need to close window, click on next.
Come one, doesn't even have the same functionality like the old one
I'm not even even talking about the fact that i have a display resolution of 1920x1200 on a 24" monitor, yet, i have to scroll because i'm being presented info in 300x2000 pixel box .
We are not mobile users, who works from his phone ?

Its important to get back the old one

brevon
Pavla H Member Since: Jul 28, 2018
30 of 61

Hi Valeria,

I am not sure if you noticed but 44 people (and counting) are waiting for some action or at least a reaction regarding the newly introduced bugs and functionality errors and deterioration of usability of WD. To sum it up for your convenience, apart from the client's name, we are also missing:

- old timeline view (or "classic representation of the work day as timeline to track our schedule and breaks with ease" as Dmitry aptly put it)

- possibility to fluently navigate from one screenshot details window to the next one

- simple two–step way to change the billing codes

- possibility to use ctrl/cmd+F when searching the drop-down menu with the billing codes

- drop-down menu filtering by typing first letter of the billing codes - something you managed to implement in the UW app, so you get the gist I hope...

- larger thumbnails in the thumbnail's view

- larger/adjustable screenshot details window

- the old bright green color

- actively seek contributor's/users' opinions prior any major update of the tools - especially if it includes removal of a bunch of features and functionalities

All in all, I cannot stress enough how frustrating the communication with UW is every time the development of these tools is concerned, how it never stops amazing me that users' opinions regarding the users' tools barely matters to UW prior the elimination and removal of features we need and that we use on daily basis, how tedious and frustrating it is to make UW understand our point and last but not least, why on Earth, indeed, UW tailor this tool for mobiles, when nobody indeed works from a mobile.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS