🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐭, 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 ...
Page options
zohaib420
Community Member

𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐭, 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞!!

I'd love to see you in this Post with the genius who suggested the Boost bug... because it's certainly not a feature.

The boosting system is horrible. My friend said that it's very mercenary-ish. He suggested that now that UpWork has gotten so big, they feel their freelancers need them more than they need the #freelancers.

I have worked so hard, consistently for almost 2+ years to maintain a 100% Top Rated Profile, and the idea that anyone can just plop in and go to the top of the list because they boost 30 or 50 credits.. ts just nuts.

Kinda feels like we're dogs in a gladiator arena fighting for scraps now.

Now I spend at least 20-$25 a week on sending proposals but get less work and fewer responses.

But, I will admit. I've been on #upwork since they formed and ported me over from ELance in 2020, and this is the first time I've felt a need to leave feedback. Frustrated.

Before I was doing a standard 10 credits boost. Now, I'm getting outbid at 21+ credits boost!!! That.. is lame. Anyone can be seen for their pockets before ability.

3 REPLIES 3
tlsanders
Community Member

I feel like I've seen this exact post before, or very close to it.

Zohaib A wrote:

I'd love to see you in this Post with the genius who suggested the Boost bug... because it's certainly not a feature.

Works great for me, so I consider it a feature. It certainly seems that more freelancers dislike it than like it, but nothing pleases everyone.

The boosting system is horrible. My friend said that it's very mercenary-ish. He suggested that now that UpWork has gotten so big, they feel their freelancers need them more than they need the #freelancers.

Upwork doesn't "feel" freelancers need them more than they need freelancers. Upwork KNOWS that they have many times more freelancers than they need. Many of us believe the platform would do much better if a huge percentage of the freelancers left.

Side note: Upwork is publicly traded company. They are legally obligated to be "mercenary."

I have worked so hard, consistently for almost 2+ years to maintain a 100% Top Rated Profile, and the idea that anyone can just plop in and go to the top of the list because they boost 30 or 50 credits.. ts just nuts.

Do you truly believe that your Upwork success has depended on having the luck of the draw to consistently land in one of the top three spaces in the past? 

Kinda feels like we're dogs in a gladiator arena fighting for scraps now.

There's your mistake. Don't bid on jobs you see as "scraps." Save your connects for the good ones.

Yes, You are Right but the problem is the same. But the " Scrap" word is not a Solution. If I did a Good One as you say but there is a lot of problems faced Like the Client, not responding to anyone, deleting job post as they do always, Or If he hiring someone else so there is no more Connects For bid because Expanse is limited.

Community Member

Bugs are just undocumented features. So, clearly, this is not a bug.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members