🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 0,05USD per job applied on her behalf, so irr...
Page options
fsnow24
Community Member

0,05USD per job applied on her behalf, so irritated right now

x.jpgI'm so angry right now.

I know I'm a newbie and everything but offering something ridiculously low as this is just plain disrespect.

All of us here are freelancing, and for me, that's so I can have more time for my family.

And then I get offers like this one. Why not straight ask to work for free?

Some people like me are trying to save my connects, only applying to jobs I feel confident so I'll get that positive review every newbie is desperate for, and this heartless person scams you.

Sorry, I just really irritated.

Edit: There was a proper hourly budget placed. This person is baiting desperate newbies.

7 REPLIES 7
pudingstudio
Community Member

Princess J wrote:

x.jpgI'm so angry right now.

I know I'm a newbie and everything but offering something ridiculously low as this is just plain disrespect.

All of us here are freelancing, and for me, that's so I can have more time for my family.

And then I get offers like this one. Why not straight ask to work for free?

Some people like me are trying to save my connects, only applying to jobs I feel confident so I'll get that positive review every newbie is desperate for, and this heartless person scams you.

Sorry, I just really irritated.

Edit: There was a proper hourly budget placed. This person is baiting desperate newbies.

Job is to send proposals here on UpWork?

Even if it's not, even if the payment is adequate/acceptable/amazing, why? Is that a job? Sending proposals in someone's behalf, spamming people?

What am I missing? Why would you like to do something like that?

As per the job description, she will provide the CV and Cover letter. It's her details. She just wants someone to do the manual work. Well, that's what I thought, but I guess she has different motives. I mean, it isn't too unusual to ask someone to fill out countless forms for different company websites. It's a repetitive job, been there done that. Why I would do something like that? Well, are you located on the better side of the world? Because on my side, I will do something like that if it means I'll earn, which is the number one priority on this side. Again, in the description there was no mention of spamming or whatever. I genuinely thought she was too lazy to apply to jobs. Guess I'm wrong. Welcome to me a noob.

Princess J wrote:

As per the job description, she will provide the CV and Cover letter. It's her details. She just wants someone to do the manual work. Well, that's what I thought, but I guess she has different motives. I mean, it isn't too unusual to ask someone to fill out countless forms for different company websites. It's a repetitive job, been there done that. Why I would do something like that? Well, are you located on the better side of the world? Because on my side, I will do something like that if it means I'll earn, which is the number one priority on this side. Again, in the description there was no mention of spamming or whatever. I genuinely thought she was too lazy to apply to jobs. Guess I'm wrong. Welcome to me a noob.

Meaning that it is for applying on UpWork? Client is looking for freelancers who would send proposals on UpWork on clients' behalf?

Yeah, we live on the same side of the world. No gold mines over here, too...
Wasn't/isn't my intention to attack you. My questions are solely out of curiosity.

Sorry for the tone of the reply as well. Just so disappointed. XD

It's a Virtual Assistance job, which is sadly the worst-paid field in here. In VA, you will find the most interesting tasks, some people even posts jobs for you to look at them while they work or to talk to them about personal problems. XD I don't know where she wants to apply, she didn't mention Upwork specifically in the job desc. Anyway, I'm good now. I'm just so irritated earlier. 

Princess J wrote:

Sorry for the tone of the reply as well. Just so disappointed. XD

It's a Virtual Assistance job, which is sadly the worst-paid field in here. In VA, you will find the most interesting tasks, some people even posts jobs for you to look at them while they work or to talk to them about personal problems. XD I don't know where she wants to apply, she didn't mention Upwork specifically in the job desc. Anyway, I'm good now. I'm just so irritated earlier. 

That's positive, so nice to see.

I couldn't do your job, not even for a moment, couldn't handle it.

wwd247
Community Member

It sounds like a VA Job to me...

Out of curiosity, how many hours would you have been prepared to work on this daily and how many proposals could you submit (roughly) during this time? From this, you can give an approximate cost per proposal, but must stress this is approximate, as the number may differ depending on the complexity of the proposal. 

In fact, when you are done working this out, please let me know, as it seems an awesome idea where I can focus on what I can do to make money and you can get paid for your valued time... It Sounds like a win/win to me! ))) 

jacob-t
Community Member

I can't even count the number of jobs I've seen that either except hourly bids, or have a set budget, and then the person ignores those numbers and says they'll pay something else. Some of them may be trying to bait people, but it really makes me think Upwork is so user unfriendly that people posting jobs either aren't seeing or aren't understanding how budgets work.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members