🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 0 available connects
Page options
zkutch
Community Member

0 available connects

Dear Friends,

I have 0 available connects, though my new Billing Cycle started.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

62 REPLIES 62
petra_r
Community Member

zkutch z wrote:

And then you pass as fact that is not a fact: I will buy or not buy connections, this is not a fact, this is your hypothesis. It become fact only after when/if I'll do it.

No. While you do not buy connects, you don't buy connects. If / when you do, you do.

LOL, what is the alternative? Either you do, or you do not. There is no middle-ground.

Or do you think page after page of ranting will change Upwork's connects-policy?

Little hint: Not going to happen.

zkutch
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

zkutch z wrote:

And then you pass as fact that is not a fact: I will buy or not buy connections, this is not a fact, this is your hypothesis. It become fact only after when/if I'll do it.

No. While you do not buy connects, you don't buy connects. If / when you do, you do.

LOL, what is the alternative? Either you do, or you do not. There is no middle-ground.

Or do you think page after page of ranting will change Upwork's connects-policy?

Little hint: Not going to happen.

Another thing, then trivial reasongings, is interesting:

On mail I received sentence

"Or do you think page after page of your barely coherent ranting will change Upwork's connects-policy?"

But here I see only "ranting". Words "barely coherent" scared you?

What happened? You can change your posts after publish them? How?

petra_r
Community Member

zkutch z wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Another thing, then trivial reasongings, is interesting:

On mail I received sentence

"Or do you think page after page of your barely coherent ranting will change Upwork's connects-policy?"

But here I see only "ranting". Words "barely coherent" scared you?

I used the "edit reply" option on every single one on my (and your) posts because I decided that politeness was more important than honesty.

edit reply.jpg

"Barely coherent" was honest and did not scare me in any way, but I wanted to spare your fragile feelings.

zkutch
Community Member

Honesty does not require rudeness. If you want to speak honestly, this is possible without rudeness. But when you want to be a boor, then cover it with honesty will not work.  And just that you want to be rude proves that your statements are not honest.

I really don't want to be too "rude", but I think the time has come for someone to close this thread.
"Honestly" it seems that we are only feeding "the dark side" of Zkutch and it leads nowhere.

My unsolicited advice, stop thinking about it, if you like it, buy some connections and spend aaaaaall this wasted time sending proposals.

And if you don't want to buy connections, I sincerely hope you do very well, but it will be somewhere else.

I feel it, but I need proof, which I now had:

Maria T are answering on behalf Petra R.

You are in such a hurry to say something against me, that you make error at last.

When you talk about the dark side of the other, be careful, maybe yours is even darker.

I might have lost the entire point of this "conversation", what do you want exactly?

Valerio S wrote:

I might have lost the entire point of this "conversation", what do you want exactly?

He wants free connects, he is not getting them, so spends hours ranting incoherently in the hope that Upwork gives him some connects for free.

Valerio S wrote:

If you can find out, you tell us.
I give up! Smiley LOL

zkutch z wrote:

I feel it, but I need proof, which I now had:

Maria T are answering on behalf Petra R.

You are in such a hurry to say something against me, that you make error at last.

When you talk about the dark side of the other, be careful, maybe yours is even darker.

LOL! you are confused. I have commented for myself, do you think I can not do it ?
And you can be sure that Petra does not need anyone to answer for her.

Please take a moment and think about what you are saying.....

there is no manipulation exactly what i said is fact, and i quote....

"the FACT is you now have to buy connects if you wish to bid on jobs - This is no manipulation, it is FACT"

There is nothing about this statement that is "hypothesis" it is fact - IF you wish to bid on jobs then you must buy connects. It is really very simple, trying to be clever by making irrational arguments will not change that FACT.

Obviously, IF you do not wish do bid on jobs, then you do not need to buy connects. This is also FACT.

I have no opinion on what you will or wont do, it does not matter to me. in your words "it is uninteresting to me"

As for your comment "the opinion of upwork is completely opposite of yours" I am sorry but i really do not understand what you are trying to say.

I 'think' you may be getting at the fact you still feel that upwork should change its policy for your situation - IF that is the case, then i would be very suprised if Upwork agree with you (and i only say that as i have seen dozens of people whining about buying connects that have got nowhere).

BUT, by all means prove me wrong. If you can get free connects from them then good for you. 

Fact is things that had happened, not that can be happen.

Look at words :

"I am sorry but i really do not understand what you are trying to say."

So in other places your "do not understanding" is not "real", in other places you play, it is game for you, manipulating with words. You yourself proof, what you ask from me.

As I see you simply want to have last word. Well, tell it and let's finish.

tlsanders
Community Member

zkutch z wrote:

econdly, it seems completely not business to demand to buy a product that did not generate income. I did not make even one cent on upwork and pay, without this, for something here is nonsense.

If you feel that way, then you should be able to see it from the other side. You have said that you have a free membership and have never made any money on Upwork. That means you are not a customer of Upwork. You are like the person who sits all day in a coffee shop, taking up space and using their free wifi, but never even buys a cup of coffee. It is hard to see how it is bad business to free up the tables for people who buy the coffee.

zkutch
Community Member

Hello Tiffany S

Any analogy is dangerous in that it transfers only certain qualities, without caring how they depend on others. It is possible, for example, in mathematics, to transfer arithmetic properties and not transfer the continuity structure. This leads to serious errors. In the case of your example, the cafe does not match the upwork even from the point of view of the position in question.

Given the above, I still try to answer you in the spirit of your example: I sat in a cafe for 5 minutes, went out for 2 years, by the way, the waiter asked me to bring a passport. Then I came, brought my passport and sat down for 5 minutes. But nowhere was written and no one said that the cafe had changed the rules. If I knew this, I would apply a different strategy for these last 5 minutes.

Doesn’t it seem strange to you that in this chat everyone supports one position? It’s as if they are working in the same team and even receive a salary precisely from as they protect the new rules. Just, at least statistically, one person should be against. But this is not. Maybe the team does not have a person with an education in probability.

On the other hand, I do not understand, unless you are a staff worker, why do you need to prove something to me. Or me to you. Does the upwork take into account our conversation?

Given the above, I still try to answer you in the spirit of your example: I sat in a cafe for 5 minutes, went out for 2 years, by the way, the waiter asked me to bring a passport. Then I came, brought my passport and sat down for 5 minutes. But nowhere was written and no one said that the cafe had changed the rules. If I knew this, I would apply a different strategy for these last 5 minutes.

In 2 years time the cafe would certainly of increased the price, would they of told you? of course not! You find out when you make the effort to read the menu OR you wait and get told by the staff when you try to buy something.

Doesn’t it seem strange to you that in this chat everyone supports one position?

Why would that be strange? the 'one position' you speak of is built on common sense and facts.

Zkutch,
I was not going back into the discussion, but the truth is that your position starts to worry me.

Well, you've been out for 2 years. Did you expect everything to stay the same? I can not believe it.

I was in another portal where I used to look for work. As I did not like what appeared, I put it aside for a few months (maybe 6 or something).
I decided to give it another chance, and went back inside. The first thing I did was find information about what had changed, payment methods, amount of free "connections", cost of submitting proposals, new fees, etc ...

With a changing market, you cannot expect everything to remain the same, even for a few months.

And regarding the notification of the change to connects paid, I found out by a thread that someone opened (I think I remember that it was Tiffany)
I received a notification when I had been discussing the issue for a while.

I asked, I complained a little, and assumed that it was something I wasn't going to change (pages and pages of complaints that weren't going to take anywhere)

You seem like an intelligent person and I can't understand that you're still stuck in that way of thinking.
They have already answered you in an "official" way, what do you expect more?

Maria T

I do not know even who are you Maria T or Petra R or, maybe, somebody other or everybody together, but at last it is not so important as your words

"I was not going back into the discussion"

After which I see about 13 lines of text which cause going back to discussion.

When you are starting implication with false, then you can say anything what you want, true of/and false, logical sequence will be true. Therefore, it does not make sense  to consider such sentences and I see no reason why I should do this in your case.

Thank you.

tlsanders
Community Member

zkutch z wrote:

Hello Tiffany S

Any analogy is dangerous in that it transfers only certain qualities, without caring how they depend on others. It is possible, for example, in mathematics, to transfer arithmetic properties and not transfer the continuity structure. This leads to serious errors. In the case of your example, the cafe does not match the upwork even from the point of view of the position in question.

What you say here is not a "danger" of analogies--it is their purpose. A scenario that matched in every regard would, of course, not be an analogy; it would be a repetition of the original scenario. My analogy matches with regard to the point I was making, which is that if you are not earning money and paying Upwork, you are not an Upwork customer, and thus it stands to reason that Upwork wouldn't be especially concerned that you and others in your position are unhappy with the changes.

Doesn’t it seem strange to you that in this chat everyone supports one position?

If the position you refer to is "reality," then yes.

It’s as if they are working in the same team and even receive a salary precisely from as they protect the new rules. Just, at least statistically, one person should be against. But this is not. Maybe the team does not have a person with an education in probability.

I think the thing you're overlooking here is that most of the people who post regularly in the Upwork forums are regular Upwork users--that only makes sense. It would be odd if people who didn't use Upwork hung around in these forums talking about the platform. So, you're talking to a group of people who do very well here, and who understand very well how Upwork works, and who have paid attention to the recent changes, Upwork's recent public statements, and the direction the platform is taking. 

Probability in the way you're using the term here doesn't much apply to human conversation, because human insights are not coin flips. There are things like facts and reason that influence perspectives. You might as well say that on pure probabilities, one in every group of a dozen or so people you talked with would insist that the sky is black and yellow zebra-striped.

On the other hand, I do not understand, unless you are a staff worker, why do you need to prove something to me. Or me to you. Does the upwork take into account our conversation?

I'm never sure how to respond to this delusion. It makes me sad when people are so committed to believing no one could possibly just disagree with them that they start cooking up theories like this.

I'm actually not interested in proving anything to you at all. I'm interested in putting forth clear information based on available data and application of logic for the sake of the many other people--especially newcomers to Upwork--reading these threads.

Hi Noureldin Y

I am thanking you now. Your advice is correct, but have, unfortunately, at least one weak side.

Hi All,

A few posts have been removed from this thread for Community Guidelines

Please note that we encourage our Community members to be professional and respectful to one another when posting here. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and avoid making personal attacks.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am very sorry for the OP. People here have been very rude and impolite to him. They have kept repeating to him facts that are true right now, but this is not important. These facts are unfair to him, and besides, these facts might change some day.

As I understand it, the OP might be sitting in a cafe some day and then decide to leave for two years, because he is being charged too much and cannot breathe the air. Then he will come back and won't know the rules. No one has told him that the rules have changed. He will a face a problem, but basically people who have no results at the Upwork complain about the change.

Then new Upworkers will be scared off, since it is the new worker who does not have anything done. These people will not disappear due to the fact that the Upwork will not accept or remove them. They will go to other sites. This is the lost money for the Upwork. Upwork will fail and we will all lose our livelihoods.

Also, if even one baby dies -- whether in a café with noisome air, or someplace else --  that is a tragedy.

So, don't be rude, guys.

zkutch
Community Member

Hi Janean L,

I must thank you for your warm attitude and support. I also thank and first of all the God of this chat, who heard my remark about the statistical impossibility of my loneliness and sent you the necessary thoughts and words.

It so happened that I have now 6 new connections and I primarily shall use them, of course, if these connections do not disappear, just as they appeared, as a basis for acquiring new ones.

I thank everyone for the humanity shown to me.

petra_r
Community Member

zkutch z wrote:

I must thank you for your warm attitude and support.

You might want to look up the word "sarcasm" and then read it again.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths