Did you mean: 

Re: 0% fee 'Bring your own client'

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
21 of 247

Hi Alexander,

Please see my reply to Tiffany above.

Mariona P Member Since: Feb 14, 2017
22 of 247

Hi can you please let me know how can I get the specific link to invite my client on Upwork? How do I ask for a specific link? I am very much interested. Thank you!

Bilingual Spanish/German Translator with fluent French knowledge
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
23 of 247

Hi Mariona,

You will receive a link to use to bring your own client on directly by email.

Thanks!

~Nina
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
24 of 247

@Alexander N wrote:

What i suggest: don't include contracts with these 0% clients into JSS calculation, top rated/rising talent, and otherwise take means to make sure they don't help a profile stand out.

This seems as if it would eliminate a key incentive for freelancers to bring their existing clients to Upwork.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
25 of 247

What I glean from the 0% fee is that U hopes clients brought in will need additional work that is not within the original provider's bailiwick. 

A number of us have relied for years on personal referrals amongst ourselves.  Upwork hopes to capture the fee %s; the trade off is the chance to bolster JSS. 

I do not include escrow security within this because most clients would either be long-term with established payment records or new clients where providers require a hefty % of fee cash in front.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
26 of 247

That's my take, too Wendy...and since these are clients we aren't concerned about payment protection with, I'm struggling to see what the upside to the freelancer would be (save a bit of efficiency) if those clients were excluded from JSS.

Highlighted
Community Guru
27 of 247

Exactly, Tiffany.

Couple that with the fact that many - if not all of us with outside clients really are not all that concerned with JSS - gawd forbid a disaster of some sort.

There is also the real concern about instability of the platform although the last few days have been much improved.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
28 of 247

I would not bring my outside clients to Upwork, simply because the 0 charge does not seem to cover VAT or transfer charges.  I am quite capable of invoicing a client and following up if necessary. I have never had to do the latter.

My two main clients do not speak or write English comfortably, so Upwork would not be interesting to them in any case.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
29 of 247

Hoping for some answers to the questions I posted in another 0% thread. Here they are again:

- Can we use this link with only one off-platform client or send it to as many clients as we want?

- "For a limited time..." - how long is that exactly?

- You'll apply the 0% fee in 3 business days - does that mean that all money we earn on that contract in the first 2/3 days gets a 20% fee applied? And what if the work is finished and contract closed before the 3 days are up?

Community Guru
30 of 247

Good points  ... and another shining example of why Upwork really would benefit from hiring a competent freelancer to edit and/or rewrite communications PRIOR to releasing them.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS