cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 0% fee 'Bring your own client'

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
41 of 241

Susanne, the payment methods your clients wish to use generally carry a payment processing fee with them. Depending on the system, that fee may be charged to the purchaser or recipient, but someone pays between 2% and 4%, on average, for that transaction.

If you are concerned that the payment processing fee would deter clients, you could offer to reduce your fee by that amount. But, I suspect that many clients would be happy to pay that small processing fee in order to avoid the complications of trying to work out how to get payment to you.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Susanne D Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
42 of 241

If I get again a client with this problem I might try it, Tiffany - but look, they already pay the charge when transferring the payment to Upwork instead of to me directly. Means, there would be two charges.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
43 of 241

Hi Susanne,

To clarify, your client will only be charged for the payment processing fee I mentioned. Since service fee won't be applied, there's no second change for your client or yourself.

Kishan B Member Since: Nov 13, 2016
44 of 241

Hi Isabelle,

This is my personal experience that i am sharing with you. If you bring client to upwork i mean your personal client. Upwork will give folish reason that they inspect that client was sign up before this was offered and bla bla. They will not give you exact reason. And this is just attractive scheme they dont really implement it. They will reject your request saying that that client was previosly engaged. But they wont say you on basis of what they saying that and hence they willl get 20% from your personal client earning. 

Muhammad Waseem A Member Since: May 11, 2018
45 of 241

Hi

I want to bring a client in upwork. Am I elegible for 0% fee offer? If yes how can I get BYOC link? What will I and my client will be charged in both scenarios(elegible or not)?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
46 of 241

@Muhammad Waseem A wrote:

Hi

I want to bring a client in upwork. Am I elegible for 0% fee offer? If yes how can I get BYOC link? What will I and my client will be charged in both scenarios(elegible or not)?

No, you are not eligible, as you are not top rated (yet)

So all the fees will be the standard fees.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
47 of 241

Hi Muhammad Waseem,

Bring Your Own Client program is currently only available for Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers. You can still send a link to your profile to your client and they can sign up for an Upwork account and hire you for a contract. You'll be paying standard Service Fee.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Danco D Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
48 of 241

Hi there, I would like to bring my own client on UpWork and I want to get informed about the program you have for paying a 0% fee for bringing new clients. I know I need to have a personalized invitation link so I can send it to my client. Can you provide it for me?

Thank you.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
49 of 241

Hi Danco,

Our team will reach out to you with your unique link and detailed instructions on how to you use it, thank you.

Untitled
Danco D Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
50 of 241

Thank you for the prompt answer Goran. 

Cheers

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS