🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is the promotion 0% fees for bringing my ...
Page options
alexandernovikov
Community Member

0% fee 'Bring your own client'

Just got that mail... that sounds like a great thing, and i will be sure to use it when i get a chance.

But what bugs me: how do you plan to deal with the people who would hire themselves to gain success score, opening fake accounts of clients? It will be so cheap to do so (just some foreign exchange commissions, or maybe not even that when using U.S. payment methods) that it will be tempting to do so. Won't we soon face a whole new brand of fakes?

What i suggest: don't include contracts with these 0% clients into JSS calculation, top rated/rising talent, and otherwise take means to make sure they don't help a profile stand out.

296 REPLIES 296
tongphei
Community Member

I have few clients who are interested to work with me on Upwork but I'm not sure if the 0% fees promotion is still on or it is over? I received the notification email about the promotion 5 months ago. Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi S. Nishikanta,

Yes, the promotion is still available to Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers. You should be able to use the link you received in the original email notification.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank for your quick response, will start inviting my clients 

Hi Valeria,

I'm top rated, could you please tell me how can I invite a client here on upwork?

Hi Vladimir,

Someone from the team will reach out to you with a personal link to use to participate in the program.

~Nina

I got an email with the link a few months back but deleted it accidentally. Please resend the link.

Hello Arnab,

Happy new year! I have escalated your concern. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly. Thank you!

Untitled
petra_r
Community Member

@Arnab B wrote:

I got an email with the link a few months back but deleted it accidentally. Please resend the link.

You missed the boat. As you are not top rated (anymore?) you are not eligible.

susurada
Community Member

Hello!
I got an email with the link I think a month ago but I accidentally deleted it . Can you please resend me the link? Thank you

Hi Maria,

Someone from our team will email you the link. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Last summer I attended a webinar that mentioned the BYOC program, however I was never sent a link.  Can you or the team send me one?

Thanks ~

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fred, 

We've forwarded your account details to the team and they will reach out to you as needed. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kryvol
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I have my URL link for this from May 2017.
Is that still relevant today?

Thanks and regards,
Volodymyr

kryvol
Community Member

When I try that link I get "We can’t complete your request now. We’re experiencing an unexpected spike in traffic. Please try again later. "

But when I remove "&BYOC" from the end of the url, looks like it works. Can you confirm that I can use that url for my client without "&BYOC"?

Screenshot here http://prntscr.com/i1412v

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Volodymyr,

Our team is aware of this and is working on a permanent solution. Thank you for your patience.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

When to expect this to be fixed? I need to start new contract soon, so it would be really good to use this ability to invite new clients to Upwork.

Thanks

melanitta
Community Member

Hi guys!
I got an email with the link a few months ago but also deleted it accidentally.
I great a ticket to UpWork support with request to resend this link, but waiting for a week. I need to start project. How can I speed up this process? Thank you

Hi Lidziya,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will follow up with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork
m_lablu
Community Member

i want to add new my own outside client herein upwork with 0% cost.

Hi Md,

This is a program we've introduced to only a select few freelancers. While we currently do not have plans to roll the program out to additional freelancers yet, we are trying to find ways to do this in the future and will notify you if it is available.

~Nina

Hello,

I can't find my link, would someone from Upwork please resend?

Thank you!

David

Hello David,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
laikaz
Community Member

I think something is wrong with my invite link, as it doesn't show my image in the invitation - it's just a general form for a client to sign up to UpWork. Could someone please check and let me know what's happening?

Thanks!

I also had a link and gave it to my client two months ago. Now it says that the link is expired, and my client had simply signed up. Is there any chance that you can change our contract to 0% fee?

Hi Vladimir,

Just to confirm that the link does not expire. Please send your Contract ID and Client name on your ticket so that our team can review and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran,

Just sent you a private message.

Hi,

I posted on here a couple of weeks ago. I was just trying to confirm that even though my personal link doesn't  show my image and looks like a general form for signing up I'd still get the 0% on fees for my new client that I invited to the platform?

Sorry for the repeated message, first I assumed that Vladimir's answer was referring to me too, but now that my client is signing up I just wanted to double check if everything is okay.

Thanks!

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Lidija,

Yes. You will still have the 0% fee for your new clients invited on Upwork. Simply follow the same instructions given to you before and you'll be able to have your 0% fee for the said client. Thank you.

Untitled
da00
Community Member

Hi, I planned to bring a new client to the Upwork but he registered on Upwork before I could give him my invitation link. He didn't start my contract yet or any other contracts. Is it still possible to get 0% fee for bringing new client? Thanks!

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Danko,

Unfortunately, this discount only applies to any client you bring that is entirely new to Upwork. We cannot honor the 0% service fee if they already have an existing account on Upwork. Thank you.

Untitled
da00
Community Member

Hi Ryan, the client is completely new to the Upwork but he registered the account directly without asking me first for directions. He didn't post any jobs yet, or higher anyone. So its fresh account one or two days old.  Is there anything we can do in this situation? Thanks!

Regards,

Danko

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Danko,

Please send me a PM with more details about the client and I will check with our team about applying the 0% fee, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
jdavilas
Community Member

Hi, just wanted to ask if the 0% fee still applies for new clients we bring to upwork and if so, what are the steps we should follow?

Hi Juan,

We'll have a member of the team reach out to you with a link you can use to invite your client.

~Nina

Hi Nina, 

Could I get the same instructions or email to invite new client on Upwork? 

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pavel, 

Please know that the Bring Your Own Client to Upwork promo is only available to Top Rated Freelancers. Once you're part of the Top Rated program, you should be able to bring your client's to take advantage of the 0% fees.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery

Could you give the instruction on how to bring my client and take advantage of the 0% fees

Hi Aleksey, 

I've shared your account information to the team, and they will get back to you with your personal profile link and more information about the program. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Nina, haven't been contacted yet regarding the link, could you ask again?

Hello Juan,

I'm sorry about that. I just made another follow up on your request. Our team will reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Untitled
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths