🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Bringing Clients on upwork zero fee.
Page options
alexandernovikov
Community Member

0% fee 'Bring your own client'

Just got that mail... that sounds like a great thing, and i will be sure to use it when i get a chance.

But what bugs me: how do you plan to deal with the people who would hire themselves to gain success score, opening fake accounts of clients? It will be so cheap to do so (just some foreign exchange commissions, or maybe not even that when using U.S. payment methods) that it will be tempting to do so. Won't we soon face a whole new brand of fakes?

What i suggest: don't include contracts with these 0% clients into JSS calculation, top rated/rising talent, and otherwise take means to make sure they don't help a profile stand out.

296 REPLIES 296

Hi Marcela,

I'll go ahead and share your account information to the team so that they can get in touch with you with your personal link.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello there 

I'm top rated and I was looking for the link to invite a client to Upwork to avoid fees, any help?

Thank you!

Hi Abdalrahman,

I shared your account information to the team so that they can get in touch with you with your personal link.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi there,

My agency has the Rasing Talent label (Epic Story), can we request a link to invite a client for a 0% fee?
If not, can we request this link within my partners' account (Mykita P, he has Top Rated)?
Thank you!

Hi Mykola,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to advise you regarding your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kerri_miller
Community Member

I'm Top Rated and remember getting the 0% bring your own client email, but I can't find it. Can I get another link? And do I have to request a different link for each client I bring, or does the same one work for all? Thanks!

The same link can be used for all clients, Kerri. I'll go ahead and share your information with the team so that they can get in touch with you with your link. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you!

jay1981
Community Member

Hello

I also requested for 0% fees bring my own client but got no reply.

i got couple of clients who i want to bring to upwork

thanks,

jay singh

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jay, 

I've shared your account information with the team so that they can reach out to you with your personal link and more information about the program. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Upwork Team!

I recently sent a message to one of your community manager about my referral link and further instructions on how I can get my unique referral link, but there are still no response from your team.

Was looking forward to have it earlier today since my clients already wants to start the job as soon as possible.

Still waiting here for the support to assist me on this.

Thanks in advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christine,

I'll go ahead and share your account information to the team so that they can get in touch with you with your personal link. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I just became top rated. Please also provide me with my unique referral link.

Thanks!

How can I invite my new client on upwork. I am top rated freelancer. One client of mine wants to work with me on upwork so how can I invite him on upwork?

Hi Love,

Our team will send you a unique link in the next couple of days that your client can use to sign up on Upwork, for clients that you will bring on Upwork you will have 0% fee on your contracts. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello.  I am a TR freelancer and don't have a link to share.  Could you send me a personalized link please? Thank you!

paragonproject
Community Member

Hi, I'm a Top Rated Frelancer! I would like to invite a client to Upwork, but I don't have the mail with the link.
Is there another way to do this?

Thanks!  

Hi Ritchie, 

I shared your account information with the team so that they can reach out to you with your personal link, and more information about this program. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks for the quick reply Avery! 

ivanrexganuhay
Community Member

how can i bring clients on upwork with zero fee? Can you tell me how it works? Upwork provide linked for me to send to client?

Hi Ivanrex, 

I've shared your account information with the team and they will get back to you with your personal link and more information about the program. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I have been a Top Rated freelancer for about a month now and also have not received the "bring your own client" e-mail with the link. Can anyone help me out?

Thank you!

Hi Mariana,

Our team will reach out to you soon with the link and detailed instructions on how to use it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran!

hi, i also need an invitation for my client. thanks in advance.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi S M I, 

Our team will reach out to you soon with the link and detailed instructions on how to use it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, Goran!

I am a top rated developer and want to invite my own client to upwork. Could you provide me with a link?

Hi Sergei,

Of course, our team will reach out to you soon with the link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! We are a top-rated agency and would like to invite our client to Upwork (he doesn't have Upwork account yet) to use 0% commission to work with him. Please, share the link we can use for that. Thanks in advance.

Hi Georgy,

Unfortunately this is only for freelancers and not for agencies. If the agency members are Top Rated or Rising Talents they can reach out here and our team will send them the link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, thank you for a quick reply. So could I ask the same thing as a member of our agency? I'm a top-rated freelancer. Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Georgy, 

I checked this for you and neither you yourself nor your agency is currently Top Rated. If you are not meeting requirements for this program, you can still send a link to your profile to your client and they can sign up for an Upwork account and hire you for a contract. You'll be paying standard Service Fee.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you for a reply, Goran.

Should i find that link on Upwork or in email?

Sorry, i didn't get that link yet. How much time this operation takes usually?

I need to start a contract with my client today. Please provide me with a link today if it is possible.  Thank you for understanding!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sergei,

We’ll follow up with the team that’s reviewing your case and they’ll reach out to you directly with your personal link as soon as possible. You'll receive an email notification once they send you a support ticket. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ychauhan_
Community Member

I would like to introduce one of my client on upwork.com. I have a badge of rising talent on my upwork.com profile. So can I please request an invitation link so my client can register and my fees can get waived off?

Hi Yashesh,

Our team will reach out to you with the link via ticket, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have recently made my profile public in order to send a link to potential "bring your own client"-clients. 

I feel the selection of finished jobs thats shown in public profiles for non-registred members could be improved. In my case, out of ca 150 finished jobs it includes the ONE job where i have no feedback and puts a large focus on tiny jobs with identical names.

I feel the selection should focus on bigger jobs and those with written reviews and also exclude duplicates (jobs with identical names) if its to have any value as a marketing tool and to attract potential clients to register on upwork and hire me.

@Erik S wrote:

I feel the selection should focus on bigger jobs and those with written reviews and also exclude duplicates (jobs with identical names) if its to have any value as a marketing tool and to attract potential clients to register on upwork and hire me.

Erik, there is no "selection"

Contracts that resulted from jobs that were posted to be seen by Upwork users only or privately, can not be shown in the public view. It only shows jobs that resulted from jobs that were originally posted specifically to be seen publicly. Clients who do not want their job posts seen by the whole of the Internet and indexed by Google do not want them to be seen by the whole of the Internet and indexed by Google on freelancers' profiles either.

Greetings, Goran V.
I wanna invite more clients to Upwork. So plz could your team, send this invite link to me too? Thx.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Igor,

Yes our team will send you the link soon via ticket, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths