Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% fee 'Bring your own client'

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
91 of 232

Hello Isabelle,

According to the ticket,  the 2 contracts are not treated as separate contracts which means it is considered as 1 contract (No need to worry about the no earning aspect that may affect your JSS). If you were charged service fee for the hours from the old contract, we will refund those if it does qualify for adjustment of your BYOC discount. Applying 0% fee to your contracts works the same regardless of the payment method. The 2 contracts may have caused the last question you asked.

Untitled
Aleksandr L Member Since: Mar 11, 2016
92 of 232

Will client be charged a 2.75% process payments fee?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
93 of 232

@Aleksandr L wrote:

Will client be charged a 2.75% process payments fee?

Yes  

Maxim O Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
94 of 232

I brought my client to Upwork using the link from the e-mail. He created the contract and I sent ID to Upwork to remove service fee and it was removed. All was OK and after the job was completed we finished contract successfully, no fees taken.
Now, this same client created the new contract and I see 10% fee in the offer. Does this mean that I need to send email to Upwork about every new contract with this client to remove service fee? Or this will be done automatically?
Unfortunately, Upwork support desk does no work now and does not allow to create tickets.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
95 of 232

Hi Maxim,

The fee should be automatically applied to all new contract with this client. I checked and see you do have access to different support options but will ask our team to follow up with you directly to review and make the service fee adjustment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Ilja V Member Since: May 10, 2016
96 of 232

Hi, Vladimir!
I just faced the same situation as Maxim described. Can you help me too?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
97 of 232

Hi Ilja,

The fee should be automatically applied to all new contract with this client. Please send me a PM with your contracts ID and our team will investigate this further, thank you.

Untitled
Ilja V Member Since: May 10, 2016
98 of 232

Wow! Thank you for your blazingly fast reply, Goran !

Le K Member Since: Sep 7, 2017
99 of 232

I want to bring a completely new client to Upwork, how can I do that. They found me via LinkedIn and really want to hire me for their project. I received  email about top rate program, but never use it.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
100 of 232

Hi Le,

At the moment "Bring your own Client" program is only available to Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers. Unfortunately, you aren't a Top Rated freelancer now. Once you are eligible to be part of the program you'll also be able to bring your own client at a reduced rate.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS