Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% fee 'Bring your own client'

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
61 of 254

@Jess C wrote:

@Joshua T wrote:

I can't think of one good reason I would introduce an non-Upwork client to Upwork. 0% fees? Big deal, I already get that.

Now if you want to offer a reduced fee on future Upwork clients in return for me bringing one of my clients here... THEN we'd be talking.

I'm with Joshua here - what would be the advantage to me to put a layer of bureaucracy between me and my client? I really don't understand the point of this offer except that my client would then have the opportunity to look for someone cheaper than me, which would benefit Upwork, but obviously not me!

So, mea culpa, I just today came across a situation where I would use this program. I had a cold contact through my website from a gentleman in Canada looking for book design. Since I don't have any prior experience with him, he's not part of my usual network of clients, and there's no payment protection available to me across an international border, I gave him the Upwork link just to see what might happen. We'll see if he decides to use it, but I think I may be out of his price range. :-)

Julyn A Member Since: Jun 25, 2015
62 of 254
I just recently asked my client to sign-up on Upwork and use this platform for work because of the 0% offer I received on my email. But, why when she made the offer and I checked the rate, the 20% fee is still there? Okay, let say she didn't use the link I gave her. What should we do? I will not accept the offer unless it's 0%. I talked to one of your chat support and said that there's nothing you can do about it. I bring my client to Upwork because I trusted your you and you will still charge me. Please, I hope you will be more considerate on this matter.
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
63 of 254

Julyn, are you sure the client didn't use the proper link? I seem to recall that the original announcement said the rate would adjust to zero after 3 days for some reason--verification, probably.

64 of 254

I just talked their chat support reps. She said that the client didn't use the link I provided and that there's nothing they can do about it. I just hope they'll be more considerate in cases like that. I just feel disappointed...

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
65 of 254

I flagged your post for a moderator to look at. They are often much more helpful that support.

66 of 254

I appreciate your help. Thank you so much, Tiffany!

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
67 of 254

Hi Julyn,

I checked your conversation with our Support team after reading your comments here and see your case has already been escalated for further review. Please note that for a client to be accepted in the BYOC program, a dedicated team needs to conduct a review, after which the 0% fee will be applied on your contract within 3 working days. Note that not using the link in your case won't necessarily exclude your contract from benefiting from the special promotion, provided all the other factors are found to be in line with the program's requirements.

I'll reach out to our team as well so please keep checking your ticket for new updates as well as keeping an eye out for further communication from our dedicated team. 

68 of 254

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you so much! I was very excited to bring my client to Upwork because of the 0% fee. Then get disappointed when they told me that they couldn't do anything about it. The only way they said I can do is to ask my client to deactivate her account and call Upwork to remove her email, then create another one with the correct link. That might piss her off and waste her time.

I greatly appreciate your help, Vladimir and Tiffany! May you both have a good one!

All the best,
Jules

69 of 254

I will now accept my client's offer and just see how after 3 days. Hopefully, the 0% fee will be applied Smiley Happy

Ace Contributor
Lia B Member Since: Nov 29, 2015
70 of 254

How did it go, Julyn? 

Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS