cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% fee 'Bring your own client'

Julyn A Member Since: Jun 25, 2015
61 of 236

I just talked their chat support reps. She said that the client didn't use the link I provided and that there's nothing they can do about it. I just hope they'll be more considerate in cases like that. I just feel disappointed...

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
62 of 236

I flagged your post for a moderator to look at. They are often much more helpful that support.

63 of 236

I appreciate your help. Thank you so much, Tiffany!

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
64 of 236

Hi Julyn,

I checked your conversation with our Support team after reading your comments here and see your case has already been escalated for further review. Please note that for a client to be accepted in the BYOC program, a dedicated team needs to conduct a review, after which the 0% fee will be applied on your contract within 3 working days. Note that not using the link in your case won't necessarily exclude your contract from benefiting from the special promotion, provided all the other factors are found to be in line with the program's requirements.

I'll reach out to our team as well so please keep checking your ticket for new updates as well as keeping an eye out for further communication from our dedicated team. 

65 of 236

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you so much! I was very excited to bring my client to Upwork because of the 0% fee. Then get disappointed when they told me that they couldn't do anything about it. The only way they said I can do is to ask my client to deactivate her account and call Upwork to remove her email, then create another one with the correct link. That might piss her off and waste her time.

I greatly appreciate your help, Vladimir and Tiffany! May you both have a good one!

All the best,
Jules

66 of 236

I will now accept my client's offer and just see how after 3 days. Hopefully, the 0% fee will be applied Smiley Happy

Ace Contributor
Lia B Member Since: Nov 29, 2015
67 of 236

How did it go, Julyn? 

Smiley Happy

68 of 236

The 20% fee is still applied. I'm losing my trust on Upwork

69 of 236

Hi 

Upwork is still charging me 20% fee. I'm losing my trust on Upwork. What do we need to do then? Is Upwork taking advantage of me? I am very disappointed. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
70 of 236

Hi Julyn,

0% fee has been applied to your contract with this client. Please, refer to the message our agent sent you via the support ticket for more details.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS