cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% fee 'Bring your own client'

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
81 of 232

Syed,

We'll forward your request to the team and they'll email  you the link.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Syed Q Member Since: Jan 4, 2017
82 of 232

Hi Valeria,

I've still not received an email yet.

Do you know when I will get one?

Thanks

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
83 of 232

Syed,

Please, check the private message I just sent you.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Mirko N Member Since: Jul 18, 2015
84 of 232

Hi

I think I recieved email with personal invitation link, but I think I deleted it.

Can you resend me the link, please?

Thank you in advance,
Mirko

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
85 of 232

Hi Mirko,

I'll check with the team and follow up with an update soon.

D Bharathi D Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
86 of 232

Hi

I think I recieved email with personal invitation link, but I think I deleted it.

Can you resend me the link, please?

Thank you in advance,
D. Bharathi

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
87 of 232

Hi D. Bharathi,

I'll ask our team to check and send you the email with the personal link again.

LaSquizzie K Member Since: Oct 12, 2017
88 of 232

I need an email for the personal link because I have a client to bring in. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
89 of 232

Hi LaSquizzie, 

We've included your account in the list of user's requesting for their personal email. The team will check and reach out to you directly.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
90 of 232

I have some additional questions about this program.

So I recently used the promo for the first time. I brought a client over and he hired me. I did not have to log work until the next day, so I sent an email to Upwork requesting to remove the service fee. Kudos to them - they replied within an hour and said that the fee had been removed. (Great!)

However, when I went to log time the next day, I saw that the removal of the service fee had caused 2 contracts with the same client to be created, each with its own ID. One of the contracts was showing as ended (with no money exchanged), and appears under both my Reports and the All Contracts list.

Obviously I was a bit concerned about the no-money contract affecting my JSS, and this is the reply I got from CS:

..."the reason for getting 2 contract IDs was because there was a service fee change on the contract. However, you need not to worry as these are not treated as separate contracts. It appears that the service fee has been changed and applied to the new contract as it was under Bring Your Own Client program and so the service has been changed to 0% and by design, the original contract will be closed."

I guess that's reassuring, but I have a few questions that I hope a moderator can clarify:

1. First, is it confirmed that the creation of these 2 contracts (one without money exchanged) won't affect JSS?

2. What would have happened if I had logged hours on the initial contract before the 0% service fee was applied / before the contract was split? Would those hours automatically be transferred to the active contract? Or would the client be charged for those pre-0% service fee hours under a separate contract?

(I tried to ask this question to CS, but they clearly misunderstood, so I thought it would be better to ask here.)

3. Does this split contract thing for BYoC happen on fixed-price jobs too? (The one this happened on is an hourly contract.)

4. My client hasn't hired anyone else on the site, but I notice that now on his profile it says "2 hires, 1 active." Is this a result of that split contract thing?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS