cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 0% fee when you bring your own client

Ancuta P Member Since: Aug 8, 2016
1 of 258

Hello,

In May 2017 I received a message from Upwork with a special promotion with 0% fee when I bring my own client to Upwork (I am a Top rated freelancer) and I received an invitation linked to send it to my client for register and activate this 0% fee. A few days ago, I send it to my client and he registered and started a Upwork contract and now, when the contracted is just ended I realized that I have standard 20% fee. What to do in this situation? It's obvious that I was not intended to bring my client to pay 20% to Upwork.

Thank you!

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 258

Hi Ancuta,

Open a ticket with Customer Support and provide them with the contract ID. As long as the client was not registered on Upwork in the past, the 0% fee should apply and they can update the fee. 

Untitled
Robin B Member Since: Sep 3, 2017
3 of 258

I'm newer to Upwork. Is the option to bring your clients to Upwork for 0% fees available to everyone? If so, how can I find more information? 

I would love to link my website directly to Upwork if an option like that is available. 

Thanks!

Robin

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 258

It's only for TR and they can't have an account already. I got screwed out of 20% fees when I brought someone over because they didn't have a PayPal account but they had an Upwork account already, so I thought I was getting 0% fees and she wound up getting her partner with an account to invite/pay me. Annoy.

Rachel L Member Since: Mar 13, 2017
5 of 258

Hello,

I am top rated and received an invitation or other email from Upwork about bringing my own clients to Upwork with no fee. I'm not sure if the program is still going on.

Please let me know if I can do this and how to bring my clients on to Upwork.

Thank you,

Rachel

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
6 of 258

Hi Rachel,

One of a reps will reach out to you directly with a link. Thanks!

~Nina
Untitled
Chris M Member Since: Mar 21, 2018
7 of 258

Hello Nina,

I have a similar issue. I received the option to bring new clients to Upwork in exchange for a 0% service fee. Is this still available for me? I am top rated. Thanks.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 258

Hi Chris,

We'll follow up with the team and will request for the email to be sent to you. Thanks for reaching out.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Sanat B Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
9 of 258

I was rising talent when I first open my account but I had not received any type link to bring my client to upwork or If I got that I have missed it. Is there any option to bring my client to upwork?
Thank you for your time.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 258

cou

@Sanat B wrote:

I was rising talent when I first open my account but I had not received any type link to bring my client to upwork or If I got that I have missed it. Is there any option to bring my client to upwork?

Of course you can bring your client, but not at the 0% fee until you get to top-rated status.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS