Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% fee when you bring your own client

Highlighted
Sariful I Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
571 of 585

Hi Bojan,
Thanks for replying to me so quickly and helping me! I know about Upwork standard Service Fee. I thought they might update it. Since Upwork made some amazing updates like direct payment and faster payday due to COVID. And I would like to congratulate "Hayden Brown" in her new position and making the amazing changes, which was necessary.  I have been successfully working on Upwork from 2017. I can assure anyone that's it's the worlds best platform to hire and work remotely.

Few Personal Suggestion for Upwork:

1.If Upwork doesn't help freelancers with extra perks and benefits for bringing new clients to this platform which means Upwork losing the potential revenue and not growing how they should be.

Note: I personally get a lot of clients from my social media and Linkedin(Including other freelancers, not only me). And trust me most of them are paying a lot high than the average market price. I bought them a few times on Upworkbut I don't know. Because I will be the one who has to pay 20% of my income. For security, I just tell the client to pay in advance to get started.

Note 02: I'm spending more times outside Upwork means Upwork losing revenue. Though I love working on Upwork.

Jokes apart Upwork should contact ME to work with them as an Advisor to improve the platform. (With all due respect the current Advisors are doing a great job!)

It's 2020 need to change the way of thinking. Think from a freelancer and client perspective.

Enjoy your day Bojan and stay safe!

Highlighted
Ibrahim P Member Since: Jun 21, 2018
572 of 585

As a Top Rated freelancer, I want to invite my client to Upwork with 0% commission on projects. I want to confirm that is it valid if I take the contract through my agency? I also want to get an invite link which I will send to my client.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
573 of 585

Hi Ibrahim,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Shamima A Member Since: Oct 18, 2013
574 of 585

How can I get the link to invite my non-Upwork clients to sign up here & get 0% on fees on their job's contracts to me?
I am already a Top Rated.

Thank you,
Shamima.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
575 of 585

Hi Shamima,

Our team will send you your unique link via ticket over the next couple of days, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Chandra Shekhar P Member Since: Jul 11, 2020
576 of 585

Hi, 

I am planning to bring my clients to upwork for my new projects. I want to know more about 0% commission fee for bringing my own clients.
Can you please send me further information regarding this.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
577 of 585

Hi Chandra,

Bring Your Own Client program is currently only available for Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers. As you are not meeting those requirements, you can still send a link to your profile to your client and they can sign up for an Upwork account and hire you for a contract. You'll be paying standard Service Fee.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Chandra Shekhar P Member Since: Jul 11, 2020
578 of 585

@Aleksander,

Is this service fee just applied for me i.e freelancer or my client need to pay the fee as well?

When signing up and hiring me my client saw this message "Adding a billing method is required to show the freelancer you can pay once work is delivered. There is a 3% processing fee for all payments."

Can you please tell me, Does my client need to pay fee or not?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
579 of 585

Chandra Shekhar P wrote:

When signing up and hiring me my client saw this message "Adding a billing method is required to show the freelancer you can pay once work is delivered. There is a 3% processing fee for all payments."

Yes. You pay the service fee (Sliding scale starting at 20%) and the client pays a 3% payment processing fee.

Highlighted
Taimoor A Member Since: Apr 14, 2020
580 of 585

Hi, I am new to upwork and want to bring my offline clients to upwork. So my questions are: If I am not top rated or rising talent even then i am allowed to bring my offline clients on Upwork?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS