cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Active Candidacy to transfer the code

aliazam99

Hi,

It's my first job on upwork for 2 hours.

Client sent me the below message - 

"I'll create a separate project and assign it to you. You can accept and transfer the code."

After one day I got an invitation to accept that job. Then, I accepted the job and see my proposals tab. It is showing 1 Active Candidacy, but 0 Offers. I have couple of questions - 

- Can I transfer the code [Task already done] or is it right to do that as I see the 0 Offers?

- If I transfer the code, will the client add the working hours and payment to my account?

My main purpose is to contribute some profile value to my account.

Regards,

Ali A

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

Active candidacy means that the client either invited you to interview and you accepted it or you applied for the job and the client accepted your proposal. It doesn't mean you have a contract yet. Please, make sure the client sends you an offer and you accept that offer before you do any work. You will see an active contract under My Jobs tab in that case. Also, check if clients payment is verified.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

Active candidacy means that the client either invited you to interview and you accepted it or you applied for the job and the client accepted your proposal. It doesn't mean you have a contract yet. Please, make sure the client sends you an offer and you accept that offer before you do any work. You will see an active contract under My Jobs tab in that case. Also, check if clients payment is verified.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

I see the client's payment method is verified, but no active jobs under my job tab. So what can I say the client and how? if the client take it in other sense.

thanks

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

Ask your client to follow the steps described in this Help article and send you an offer. If your client needs assistance in doing this, ask them to contact Customer Support and our team will guide them through the hiring process.

Untitled

Hi,

I got a link button "Submit Work / Request Payment" after accepting a job offer. But I see  $0.00 paid of $25.00.

Can I submit the task and share the code to client?

Regards,

Ali Azam

Yes, that is how you submit the work you've done and request payment. Was $25 the full amount agreed on? Or is it only a part? If it is not the full amount agreed on the client has set a milestone. You should discuss with the client what they expect for the first milestone. You should not submit the whole project if $25 is not the full amount you agreed to do the job for.

Hi Ali, 

I can see that you have already submitted your work to your client for his/her review. Your client will be notified you have submitted work for their approval and you will be notified when they approve payment or request changes.

From the time you submitted your work, the client has 14 days to review and approve the work or request changes. If the client approves the work submitted, payment is automatically released from escrow to you. If your client doesn’t respond to any milestone submission within 14 days, the deposit is automatically released to you.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks for sharing with me. It is a great help for me.

--Ali A

versailles
Community Guru

You were never hired, so you basically worked for free. Since you will never get paid, don't send anything.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS