Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Active candidacy

Highlighted
Lismey V Member Since: Oct 19, 2019
1 of 4

Hi to all,

In my profile I have 1 active candidacy since 20th October. It has been 4 days since we started discussing the project with the client, but he still does not accept my proposal and I have even done a test as proof of my skills. At this point, should i need to wait a little more?

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
2 of 4
Four days isn't long, and two of those days were a weekend. You can't force the client to hurry up and hire you, so waiting is the only option. But did you do this "test" for free? It's against the TOS for clients to ask for free work. Sometimes the test IS the job, so they'll just take it and run.
Lismey V Member Since: Oct 19, 2019
3 of 4

Good morning Christine,

Yes, it was free. Should I report him? I am new in Upwork and this is my second project.

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4
Yes, if he said that you had to do free work in order to be considered for the job, then you should use the "flag as inappropriate" link at the top-right hand side of the project page and report it.

Some clients do try to take advantage of new freelancers, so read everything about how this website works and come back to the forum if you have any suspicions.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS