Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: $1 on fix price job? Really???

Highlighted
Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
11 of 35

On Elance there was a limitation of $20 for fixed-price jobs.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
12 of 35
Oh yeah.. I forgot Smiley Sad

But in Upwork there is no limit.
Ace Contributor
Razvan S Member Since: Mar 16, 2012
13 of 35

Maybe he introduced the $1 as a placeholder.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Muhammad Saif U Member Since: Oct 18, 2015
14 of 35

He could place $1000 as placeholder as well.. no??

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
15 of 35

Upwork may have a minimum fixed rate BUDGET of $5.00 for a CLIENT. But there is NO minimum fixed rate for contractors. (unlike hourly rates which have a minimum of $3.00) Contractors, on fixed rate jobs, can submit $1.00 proposals if they choose to. The sad thing is that clients are hiring these low bidders.

And I don't understand if Upwork have a minimum hourly proposal, why can't they have a minimum FIXED rate proposal amount of at least $20.

Highlighted
Community Guru
16 of 35

Kathy , You are right.. minimum proposal amount should be atleast $20 for any fixed price job like it was on Elance.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
17 of 35

Well, I think UpWork should introduce community counselling for such freelancers. They badly need counselling  as they think only lower rate can help them to win the job.

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
18 of 35

Perhaps the cheapest will appear on the first place in the list. Nobody will complete a whole project for 1 USD (on Upwork).

Highlighted
Community Guru
19 of 35

Margarete in this case every one should be informed by upwork that lowest bidder will appear on top.. if this is really the case then every body might be placing only $1 on every single proposal he submit.

Highlighted
20 of 35

@Muhammad Saif U wrote:

Margarete in this case every one should be informed by upwork that lowest bidder will appear on top.. if this is really the case then every body might be placing only $1 on every single proposal he submit.

50 bids for $1? Then the bids will probably follow an alphabetical order. Bad for those of us in the middle of the alphabet.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS