cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: $1 on fix price job? Really???

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
21 of 35

What I personally find a lot more intriguing: a freelancer hired on one of the other 2 jobs by the same client (who registered on Upwork on February 13, 2016) has billed 1016 hours in a little over 2 months... while having worked another 1500 hours on another job that started in March (!).

???

Yes, he is associated with an agency, but these are just 2 of the active jobs on his personal profile. The number of hours is not displayed, only his hourly rate & earnings.

How does that work?

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
22 of 35
This widget could not be displayed.

@Ela K wrote:

What I personally find a lot more intriguing: a freelancer hired on one of the other 2 jobs by the same client (who registered on Upwork on February 13, 2016) has billed 1016 hours in a little over 2 months... while having worked another 1500 hours on another job that started in March (!).

???

Yes, he is associated with an agency, but these are just 2 of the active jobs on his personal profile. The number of hours is not displayed, only his hourly rate & earnings.

How does that work?

I would like to know as well. At least 3 people must have worked 24 hours per day over two months or 9 with an 8 hour day. So this person cannot have done the work alone, there is a team behind this person. Perhaps somebody from Elance and/or the freelancer is a farmer?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
23 of 35

UpWork simply trying to populate this platform they are not trying to make this platform efficient and  professional.

Highlighted
Community Guru
24 of 35

Yup, when the client applies a budget filter that may appear on Top of the list but a client can laugh only at these idiots.

Highlighted
Gulfam S Member Since: Nov 17, 2015
25 of 35

There would be an option to sort out the bid by (High and low) rate at upwork. I want to see the contractor Smiley Happy $1  rate for $2000 projectSmiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Muhammad Saif U Member Since: Oct 18, 2015
26 of 35

Sorting proposals high low budgets was also an important thing there on elance.. instead upwork took away our ability to see the bidders even

Highlighted
Community Guru
27 of 35

Simple equation: Odeskers are happy on UpWork and Elancers are angry on Upwork System.

Highlighted
Community Guru
28 of 35

Actually, Upwork tries to put two swords in one sheath. Lets see how it works...

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
29 of 35

Hi All,

I would like to clarify that currently minimum budget that clients can select for a fixed-price job post is $5. Freelancers can bid lower than $5.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
30 of 35

Valeria, May I ask, - if there's a minimum hourly proosal amount that a contract can bid, why isn't there also a minimum Fixed rate proposal amount that contractors can bid. Why one and not the other?

I see a lot of jobs for transcriptionists that get around that hourly rate by posting fixed rate jobs.- $5.00 fixed rate for 1 audio hour - and one audio hour equals 4 hours of typing, editing, and proofing. That comes out to $1.25 for those 4 hours. It looks like a loophole has been found to navagate around the minimum hourly rate since there's no minimum fixed rate.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS