🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » $1 projects - a new low
Page options
elastella
Community Member

$1 projects - a new low

I just saw a posting in my feed saying that the client had spent a total of $2. Seemed wrong. Guess not.

Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 11.52.28.png

8 REPLIES 8
40b77e4c
Community Member

Lookalike a bug you can politely confirm from the client.  

Sharjeel

petra_r
Community Member

Looks more like a cheap way of getting around the "free test" rule.

I'd rather do a free test than have a $ 1 contract on my profile

Probably all but $1 was refunded.

Possible alternative explanation... I assume the $5 minimum applies to contracts, not milestones. So I guess you could have a contract with five $1 milestones! And then maybe the client could fund only the first milestone, in which case they wouldn't even need a refund in order to pay only $1.

Richard W wrote:

Possible alternative explanation... I assume the $5 minimum applies to contracts, not milestones.

No, the $ 5 applies to milestones. It is not possible to create a fixed rate contract without funding a milestone of at least $ 5.

But the client can release $ 1 and request the rest back, or the freelancer can request $ 1 and if the client approves, the rest goes back to Escrow.

Petra R wrote:

Richard W wrote:

Possible alternative explanation... I assume the $5 minimum applies to contracts, not milestones.

No, the $ 5 applies to milestones. It is not possible to create a fixed rate contract without funding a milestone of at least $ 5.

But the client can release $ 1 and request the rest back, or the freelancer can request $ 1 and if the client approves, the rest goes back to Escrow.

I see. So the lucky freelancer could have disputed for the other $4. Smiley Wink

Trully unbelieable! lol

versailles
Community Member

It could have been the price for two words.

Nein, danke.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

What on earth was that? And "No feedback given" in both directions??? It looks like a test..

Rene K wrote:

It could have been the price for two words.

Nein, danke.

Hahahahaha

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members