cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100/ 1000 hrs as a Measuring Point . Is it still fair enough ...

kalaani
Community Leader

UpWork still using ONLY, completion of  100 hours or  1000hrs as a measuring point . 

After introducing new milestones and project based environment , only using this measuring point is not fair .

For example i've done few hundreds of jobs and only 68hrs . So people like me can be easily neglected. 

To measure experience, 100hrs mark is not fair point . There are many freelancers who archived 100hrs in one single job . I saw there is freelancer who did 450+ hrs in just a single job and that's only for his entire freelance life. 

So at the end i have to say more fair filtering system should be .

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Guru

@kalaani W wrote:

UpWork still using ONLY, completion of  100 hours or  1000hrs as a measuring point .

No they do not. What on earth are you talking about? There are lots of search parameters, and the hourly one also has "any hours" (which is selected by default) and 1 hour.

Furthermore there is nothing stopping you applying even if you don't meet all the preferences on a job post.

filters.jpg

kalaani
Community Leader

I'm talking about filtering experince freelancers from others ...

I think upwork also want to filter them ...

As you can see in above image , this is good to filter experienced hourly rate freelancers from others .

Freelancer who completed 100000 fixed rate jobs also NOT coming up in this filter .

lysis10
Community Guru

lol you sound jealous

my first job here was with someone who asked for hours I didn't have. I want to say it was 100 but can't remember exactly.

It's just a way to filter out noobs and potential frauds. Chances are if someone has done 100 hours successfully with a good score, then they are a dud.

Kalaani, I have a bit over 1000 hours, and because I don't know of a way to display hours billed per client, this is guess work, but aside from perhaps 1 or 2 clients who I've worked for in the neigborhood of 100 hours each, all the other hourly jobs only lasted a few days, so on average I'd say no more than 10 hours per job, meaning it probably took me a minumum of 100 hourly jobs to get to 1000 hours. So it *can* be done, but only if you make a concerted effort to get hourly jobs. For me, just getting to 100 hours wasn't easy, but now clients can filter by earnings and job success in addition to hours, so if anything, it's probably easier now to accumulate hours, but the only sure way of doing so is making a habit of applying for hourly work, as well as seriously considering accepting invitations to hourly work.

"" Jelous " ....

May be my language skills not good enough as yours  ... LOL

I already completed 300+ Jobs in here another 300+ Jobs Under companies .

Some time your words hurt ..... Woman Frustrated

-------------

I just want to say this measuring method will not good to measure EXPERIENCE . 

This is good way to filter hourly rate freelancers from other freelancers ...

@kalaani W wrote:

"" Jelous " ....

I already completed 300+ Jobs in here another 300+ Jobs Under companies .

Some time your words hurt ..... Woman Frustrated

-------------

I just want to say this measuring method will not good to measure EXPERIENCE . 

This is good way to filter hourly rate freelancers from other freelancers ...

You said this in your OP:  " I saw there is freelancer who did 450+ hrs in just a single job and that's only for his entire freelance life. "

You mention experience but wouldn't 450 hours on a job show that A) they have experience doing whatever they do and B) They are able to maintain a relationship with a customer long enough to do 450 hours worth of work for only 1 job. To me, that is a lot better than having 450 jobs with only 1 hour billed for each of them. A freelancer that can maintain 1 contract for that long is a pretty good asset.

kalaani
Community Leader

Do you think one good  client-freelancer relationship make that freelancer experinced one  ...

kalaani
Community Leader

@kalaani W wrote:

" As you can see in above image , this is good to filter experienced hourly rate freelancers from others .

Freelancer who completed 100000 fixed rate jobs also NOT coming up in this filter .

@kalaani W wrote:

"" Jelous " ....

Maybe not. I think correct word would have been envious rather than jealous (not that I'm saying you were envious).

I also mentioned this before, my point was why showing or giving option to client to choose " no. of hrs worked " while posting fixed price jobs ... as in fixed price jobs " no. of hrs worked " are not calculated and that's why should not be an option while posting fixed jobs.

Should be replaced with " No. of jobs completed "

While searching and on posting hourly jobs .. " no. of hrs worked "  is fine, but not while posting fixed price jobs.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS