🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 100% JSS - Profile Views constantly at 0
Page options
eldarh78
Community Member

100% JSS - Profile Views constantly at 0

Hi Everyone,

I've been on the UW platform since February and in late May got my JSS (100%). I am curious about the "profile views" thing. It had been usually at zero nearly all the initial 15-16 weeks when I had no JSS yet. I figured it's quite normal to have 0 weekly views if you're new and have no JSS yet. Funny thing, I was getting (rare) invites to jobs (mostly junk but had 2 clients from invite-only jobs). 

Now, I've had a 100% JSS for over two weeks and my stats for these two weeks again show exactly 0 profile views. I looked around the forum and apparently, it's normal to get dozens of profile views for a high JSS freelancer. I wonder if I need to "contact support" or it is the usual thing?

I also note that my stats show that within my category (Sales & Marketing), I am being discovered about as often as the average (the line is right at the mid-point). Does that mean that freelancers in Sales & Marketing are discovered on average 0-1 times a week in search results? Not sure that's the case.

Another curious thing is that since I got my JSS, I am hardly having any success with my applications. Nothing changed in the meantime - I just went from being a freelancer with no JSS and getting some regular work to a freelancer with 100% JSS who is having no luck getting any work. It's as if that JSS massacred my profile :).

My main question is regarding the profile views thing, though.

Also, if I sent an application/proposal to a client and they view it, does that contribute to my profile views, or is it just the search results views that count?

Thank you and would be glad to hear what the UW community thinks. 

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Eldar,

I just checked your stats page and I can see that the count is working as designed. Last week you had 2 views, the week before that you had 1 view. 
Please keep in mind that freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone has a chance to be discovered. If you notice any other problems with your stats, please take screenshots from your end and share them with us (Moderators). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for checking. Just rechecked it again. My last week's views are 0 (week ending 14 June) as you may see. The week before (ending 7 June), yes can see 2 views. Unless I got it all mixed up somehow, I think I could see 0 for that week just an hour ago.

In any case, thanks for it. Given that the last 4 weeks' profile views for me is 0,2,1,0 AND I am shown as being discovered about as often as the average for Sales and Marketing category, does that mean that the average for all in Sales and Marketing is less than 1 or about 1 profile view per week?

Hi Eldar,

Unfortunately, I can't share more details about the section you're referring to. I would like to confirm that at the moment I was not able to locate any problems with the views section.
However, if you notice any problems with the views section feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
tlbp
Community Member

You are working with a very small data set. Perhaps continue to gather information for a few more weeks and see how things go. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members