🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » '100 % JSS ' is it just a mere number or not?
Page options
bushra_a
Community Member

'100 % JSS ' is it just a mere number or not?

Hello!

Is there any benefit of having 100% JSS? If yes, what type of benefits a freelancer get from it?  Does Upwork promote or suggest them to clients?  Sorry if it's a dumb question but I need to know anyway 😄

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
a_lipsey
Community Member

Hi Bushra,

100% JSS or any JSS above 90% that is above 90% for 13 weeks, with a few other qualifications makes you "Top-Rated" which gives you some perks, including the perk to remove one bad feedback score (to protect your JSS) every 3 months or 10 contracts. 

The benefit to being top-rated is this feedback removal perk. ALSO, many clients will limit applicants to those with 90% or greater JSS. I'm not sure that having 100% JSS itself is any benefit, but a higher JSS will take less of a hit with any bad feedback than if it is lower - that's just math. So it's always a good idea to try to keep as high a JSS as possible. However, whether or not 100% JSS gets more jobs than 95%, I don't know if there's any evidence to support that. I know freelancers on here with 100% JSS who aren't getting invites for months, while I'm sitting here, well below 100% and getting invites daily. So that will also depend on your market saturation of freelancers. I'm in a less saturated field than others, so my JSS not being perfect has less effect on me. 

Thank you very much for explaining the issue.  Now I understand why in spite of having 100% JSS,  I am facing trouble to get new jobs  😞

lysis10
Community Member

JSS is like horse shoes and hand granades. Close enough is fine.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Unless you are like me with very few contracts and one bad score can tank you. I think that game works when you are more established, for sure. But in the beginning, go for a clean run (it's an agility weekend so it's all agility jargon for me) every time.
lysis10
Community Member

Amanda L wrote:
Unless you are like me with very few contracts and one bad score can tank you. I think that game works when you are more established, for sure. But in the beginning, go for a clean run (it's an agility weekend so it's all agility jargon for me) every time.

I like to have poopposting weekends where I use certain phrases too. But then I get banned on like 5 subs at a time and have to use alts. Even my funny Tip of the Century thread on here got canned. Self-degradating humor not allowed! That's why I have to stick to rrrrrrrDrama where the jannies know me and know I'm joking.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members