cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12% JSS drop over ONE client!!

Highlighted
Danielle S Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
1 of 5

I know we've all seen the threads about this ludicrous JSS system.  I am officially on fire now over this.  I worked my ass off to get to a 98% JSS with amazing feedback from every single client and then to become a top-rated freelancer.  Then I get a client that didn't quite know how to communicate their needs, which then lead to them needing services beyond what the contract entailed.  I informed them that I could not perform what they were requesting as I didn't have the time to do so.  I had only allocated the time that would be needed according to the actual contract.

We ended the contract and gave them a good review (trying to be nice), and they left me a bad review - what a shoker lol!  My JSS then dropped to 85%!!!!  12% drop all of this over one client review.  And it was their own fault we had to end the contract.  

I contacted support only for them to tell me that the JSS is correct.  I'm sorry, WHAT?!?!?!  And they won't do anything about it.

I'm seriously disappointed.  Hard work does not pay off.  UpWork staff do not care about their freelancers, only the clients.

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
2 of 5
This widget could not be displayed.

@Danielle S wrote:

I know we've all seen the threads about this ludicrous JSS system.  I am officially on fire now over this.  I worked my ass off to get to a 98% JSS with amazing feedback from every single client and then to become a top-rated freelancer.  Then I get a client that didn't quite know how to communicate their needs, which then lead to them needing services beyond what the contract entailed.  I informed them that I could not perform what they were requesting as I didn't have the time to do so.  I had only allocated the time that would be needed according to the actual contract.

We ended the contract and gave them a good review (trying to be nice), and they left me a bad review - what a shoker lol!  My JSS then dropped to 85%!!!!  12% drop all of this over one client review.  And it was their own fault we had to end the contract.  

I contacted support only for them to tell me that the JSS is correct.  I'm sorry, WHAT?!?!?!  And they won't do anything about it.

I'm seriously disappointed.  Hard work does not pay off.  UpWork staff do not care about their freelancers, only the clients.

I do not think that this was only caused by the 4-star-rating. There are two other jobs without feedback, one of them closed in July, maybe you can ask your client to leave feedback. If this client was content this could help to improve your JSS.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
3 of 5

@Danielle S wrote:

Sorry you had to go through this, but unfortunately many people have, and I'm one of them. I learned that getting irate over the huge drop isn't going to do anything for me and certainly not for my JSS. The only thing you can do is find some quick jobs to bring it back up and just keep up your stellar work. There's always going to be that one client who is a sore loser (for lack of a better way to put it) and it's not a nice thing, but we survive their pettiness. Like they say, the best revenge to haters is to be successful, which I'm sure you'll have no problems being. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
4 of 5

Were you Top Rated before your JSS went down? If so, you can request to have that contract excluded from your JSS.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
5 of 5

If the client left bad private feedback, that one contract can indeed account for the drop.

You have only 12 completed contracts - so one job can bring down your JSS considerably.

More than a year ago, I dropped from 100% to 89% - due to one unpleasant client & feedback. The contract ended without any money exchanged, so the drop was caused by the private feedback & the reason why the contract was ended  (anything other than "completed successfully" hurts your JSS). I had only 13 completed jobs then.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS