Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 Month Earnings Decrease?

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
1 of 3

Can someone explain how it is possible for my 12 Month Earnings as displayed on my My Stats page to continually decrease, despite the fact that I receive regular payments on a long term contract? I might add that this value has been steadily decreasing over the past several months, after steadily increasing as I earned on this contract.

The only other recent contract in the current 12 month cycle ended a few weeks ago, and that only paid $20 because I ended the contract prematurely when the client tried to do a number on me. I can understand that the total displayed amount might decrease as other jobs fall out of the 12 month window, but in my case, there are no other recent contracts involved (and there have not been for 18 months or more) except for the one I mentioned earlier, and perhaps one or two other contracts for the same client that paid amounts that are way smaller than the total decrease I have been seeing. However, these other contracts happened a long time ago, and the steady decrease in my 12 months earning total stared a long time after those ended. 

Is this a bug, or is there something about this metric that I don't know or understand? I can understand that the displayed total might change once when a new 12 month cycle kicks in, but how can this total steadily decrease over a period of several months?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

what do mean by "a new 12 month cycle" kicking in? It's a rolling window...

Apparently there have been issues with it, but as it doesn't actually have any effect on anything I pay no attention to it anyway.

View solution in original post

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
3 of 3

@Petra R wrote:

what do mean by "a new 12 month cycle" kicking in? It's a rolling window...

Apparently there have been issues with it, but as it doesn't actually have any effect on anything I pay no attention to it anyway.

Thanks, Petra. As long as it does not affect anything, I'll just let the bug have its way with it. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS