cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 Month Earnings

Highlighted
Ayush S Member Since: Dec 20, 2016
1 of 11

Hi there, I have a confusion about my 12 Month Earnings... I started doing work on Upwork on December 2016 and I landed my First Job in February. So the thing is now my 12 Month Earning is decreasing as I get paid to new jobs. What's the issue? and How will I get the Top Rated Badge on the profile? like if I have earned a Total of $1000+ Can I get that Badge then or it has to be $1000 in 12 Month Earnings.. I think it's the same thing.. Please clear this out.. Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 11

@Ayush S wrote:

like if I have earned a Total of $1000+ Can I get that Badge then or it has to be $1000 in 12 Month Earnings.. I think it's the same thing.. Please clear this out.. Thanks

Obviously it is not the same thing.

To qualify for top rated status you must have earnings of at least $ 1000 during the last 12 months.

So only what you earned after the 5th of March 2017 counts today, only what you have earned after the 6th of March 2017 counts tomorrow and so on.

Highlighted
Ayush S Member Since: Dec 20, 2016
3 of 11

but why is it decreasing. I can't understand.

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 11

@Ayush S wrote:

but why is it decreasing. I can't understand.

Because money earned before 5th of March no longer counts.It is a rolling window.

If you earn less this week than in the week that falls out of the 12 month window, then it decreases.

Highlighted
Sanat B Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
5 of 11

Hi Petra
For Top-rated eligibility what the 12 months earning at least 1000 means? 
Is it from the account opening day or the running 12 months from past? My profile opening is about 12 months now but my earning is something below 1000$. So if my earning remains below 1000 in this 12 months from profile opening date and in future my earnings if 1000+ in 12 months period, can I be eligible for Top rated?
Thank you.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 11

Hi Sanat, 

The 12-month count doesn't start on the day you opened your account. You should have earned atleast $1000 in the past 12-months, regardless of when you opented your account, to be eligible for the Top Rated Program. I hope this clarifies things!

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Zain U Member Since: Mar 11, 2019
7 of 11

Avery, thank you for your response. Does this mean one will be promoted to top rated seller even if he/she will earn this amount within one moth of opening it? 

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
8 of 11

Hi Zain,

In that case, the freelancer won't be eligible for Top-Rated badge due to another requirement which states that the first hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago. Feel free to check out this help article for more information regarding the Top-Rated badge.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Ghulam Y Member Since: Dec 23, 2019
9 of 11
Are miscellaneous earning going to add in 12 month earning or not?
Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 11

Ghulam Y wrote:
Are miscellaneous earning going to add in 12 month earning or not?

yes.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS