🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 150 proposals and 6 jobs in 6 months
Page options
matthew24857
Community Member

150 proposals and 6 jobs in 6 months

I just noticed, the total count of all projects I've bid on in 6 months is 150.

But I've only been hired 6 times in that same time period.

So, basically, each month, I submitted an average of 25 proposals, got hired one time, and made about $100. That's how much effort it took to get anything out of "Upwork".

(But I only spent an average of $10 per month on "connects", slightly less than the $14.99/month plan that Upwork tries to sell to you.)

5 REPLIES 5
a_lipsey
Community Member

Matthew C wrote:

That's how much effort it took to get anything out of "Upwork".

For you, that's how much it took. I would suggest you dig deeper into your process, your profile, and proposal quality if that's your ROI. Or it may be that Upwork isn't the right platform for you. 

florydev
Community Member

You know this is a community not your personal diary right?

I’m not sure what you are trying to accomplish here but it seems like it isn’t working.
researchediting
Community Member

Matthew C wrote:

I just noticed, the total count of all projects I've bid on in 6 months is 150.

But I've only been hired 6 times in that same time period.

So, basically, each month, I submitted an average of 25 proposals, got hired one time, and made about $100. That's how much effort it took to get anything out of "Upwork".

A 4% conversion rate on cold-calling is not bad. Looking at your financial ROI, though, my first thought is your conversion percentage might increase if your bids were more strategic; that is, if you spent more time choosing projects to bid on than actually bidding. You may find that as your number of bids goes down, your conversion rate and/or ROI might go up.

Good advice. I'd also suggest removing that job killing final paragraph of the OP's profile.
petra_r
Community Member

Matthew C wrote:

No. That's how much effort it took *YOU* to get anything out of Upwork clients.

Maybe you could consider improving your profile (which frankly does more to put clients off than attract them), your strategy and your attitude?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members