🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » $192 Refunded by Upwork to Client
Page options
rydon
Community Member

$192 Refunded by Upwork to Client

Hi fellow freelancers.
Last week I received a notification from Upwork that they are temporarily putting my contract on hold with a client I have worked with since May 12.
It was an hourly contract of $12 per hour.
Between July 27 and August 2, I had worked for 16 hrs and submitted the work.
That is a total of $192.
THIS IS THE THING.
UPWORK HAS REFUNDED THE MONEY BACK TO THE CLIENT
1.The client did not raise any dispute and has never raised any since the beginning of the contract.
2. I got notified by Up work that they are putting the contract on hold. I tried to ask the client about this but he has been offline and has not yet responded.

WHAT COULD BE THE POSSIBLE REASONS WHY THE MONEY GOT REFUNDED?

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Peter O wrote:

It means the client never paid. Essentially, it isn't a refund, it is a reversal of a transaction that was never concluded. Upwork tried to charge the client repeatedly, and their payment method declined.

Had you tracked your hours with the tracker, meaningful memos and good activity levels, Upwork would have paid you out of their own pocket. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Peter O wrote:

It means the client never paid. Essentially, it isn't a refund, it is a reversal of a transaction that was never concluded. Upwork tried to charge the client repeatedly, and their payment method declined.

Had you tracked your hours with the tracker, meaningful memos and good activity levels, Upwork would have paid you out of their own pocket. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members