cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Areas for Setting Availability

Community Guru
Cairenn R Member Since: Aug 19, 2015
1 of 9

I discovered there are two areas for setting the availability - one is in the Stats page, the other on the profile. 

On the Stats page it looks like this: 

Picture2.pngPicture3.png

When I update the Stats page to "Open to Offers" - it changes on my profile to "less than 30 hours/week."

If I change it back on my profile to "Open to Offers", it reverts back to "Not sure at this time" on the Stats page. 

Can a Mod lok at this please or someone that already knows about possibly explain? 

Thanks.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
2 of 9

I see the same options on both pages - the ones you see on your profile.

A/B testing??

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
3 of 9

@Ela K wrote:

I see the same options on both pages - the ones you see on your profile.

A/B testing??

I shudder at the thought. The phrases have nothing to do with each other. I specify I'm available less than 30 hours a week precisely because I am sure, now and for the foreseeable future, what my availability is.

Best to all,

Michael 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 9

Thanks for reporting it, Carienn. I could replicate it on my account as well. I am following up about it with the team.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
Aaron H Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
5 of 9

I think the mobile app has something different also.

raafay k Member Since: Oct 12, 2015
6 of 9

im new to upwork and dont really know how it works

i also have a major problem as i typed in my legal name wrong in the tax information, it says contact the customer support but i dont know how to send them a message,can you please help me out, can you remove that name so i can type in the correct on

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 9

Hi Raafay,

Welcome to Upwork!

Contact Customer Support by clicking on this link.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 9

As a contractor, I definitely don't want to set a setting that posts something on my profile saying:

"At this time, I don't know if I am available to work or not."

I would assume many clients would take a pass on that and find someone who knows for certain that they're available.

Community Guru
Cairenn R Member Since: Aug 19, 2015
9 of 9

@Preston H wrote:

As a contractor, I definitely don't want to set a setting that posts something on my profile saying:

"At this time, I don't know if I am available to work or not."

I would assume many clients would take a pass on that and find someone who knows for certain that they're available.

Had I not decided to look around and check things, I wouldn't have caught that it had changed my profile. 

I noticed a significant drop in invites as well, which may or may not be due to this bug, but it was interesting to note. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS