Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Profile pages, but differences in number of jobs/feedbacks

Community Leader
André U Member Since: Dec 5, 2013
1 of 10

Dear all,

I have just noticed something strange and would like to invite you to either share your impressions with me or to tell me if I am missing something.

Here we go:

There are 2 different profile pages for every (?) freelancer. Let's call them "old page" and "new page". I'll show you what I mean by linking my very own profile here:

Old page: https://www.odesk.com/users/~0153d391266e4e5fca

New page: https://www.odesk.com/o/profiles/users/_~0153d391266e4e5fca/

Let's just quickly check the number of jobs listed as "completed":

Old page: 94 (it says "View more (88)" at the end

New page: 38 (it says "View more (32)" at the end

Difference: 56 jobs missing in the new page.

Question: Why?

Best,

André

PS: oDesk support ticket is pending. I'll let you know.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
2 of 10

I think the 2nd link is how your profile looks when a user is logged out of oDesk.

EDIT: And if you click on "View Full Profile" just underneath the Overview section in the 2nd link, you'll be directed to your full profile (logged in version).

Community Leader
3 of 10

Yes, but why are there different numbers of jobs in the first place? Should it not be an identical copy (except the new layout of course)?

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
4 of 10

Hmmm, sorry I misread your post. I always thought it was just oDesk's way of giving a brief overview or "preview" of a freelancer - before one logs in /registers and gets to view the whole profile (with all the jobs).

I also noticed that in these "previews", they usually only display good feedback.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 10

But on the right side, under POST A JOB and CONTACT,

it does seem to show correct number of jobs and hours, more or less--more for me actually, 1 more job and 1 more hour in the 'public' profile, which is odd.

6 of 10

Same with me, I think the logged out version is more updated. Perhaps you got a new contract within the last week, that still hasn't reflected on your full profile?

My hours worked are also much more, but that specifically (in my case) is an oDesk bug that they're supposed to be working on.

Community Leader
7 of 10

@Isabel:

All of my jobs (except 2) have a 5 star rating. So your theory does not seem to be correct. Personally, I thought only the newest feedbacks would be displayed, but that is not correct either. I noticed that most jobs displayed in the "new page" are rather small and/or old.

Maybe there is some oDesk representative who has an opinion on this?

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
8 of 10

I had not looked at mine logged out it shows 6 jobs if I am logged into my account 8 jobs on my public page. And my public page says one job Customer Service is in progress and my page says no feedback given as well as my other job is not showing on the public page which it use to.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 10

Hi André,

I checked your profile page in logged in and logged out mode. In the snapshot on the right the number of jobs worked is the same - 111. The number of hours worked differs by one, but I am pretty sure it is due to a slight delay with which profiles are usually updated. In the Work History and Feedback section under the profile overview there are less jobs displayed while logged out and that is by design. However, a registered oDesk member can click on "View Full Profile" and see information about all 111 jobs that you have completed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
10 of 10

Thank you very much for the answer, Valeria.

Would you mind giving some more info as to why "this is by design"? Would not it make more sense to actually display either the newest, the best paid, the best rated feedbacks than some random ones which are rather old and or small?

Best,

André

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS