cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2-Step Verification For Account Security

muhammad_shahid2
Ace Contributor

Hello everyone.
I have been working on Upwork for almost 5 months now and by the grace of Allah, I am trusted by my clients.

As most of you know that cyber phishing attacks and account security hacks are now common deal when it comes to websites that are involved in generating (via Marketplace model) or transferring money. When we look around we see that most of the secure sites have implemented 2-Step verification to add another layer of their customer's account security.
So I was wondering why Upwork hasn't implemented 2-Step verification yet? Or maybe it has and I am unaware of it?
If you guys please guide me in this regard. It would be nice.

2 REPLIES 2
neerajandroid
Active

Upwork has "2 step verification for Account Security" in terms of "Security Question & Answer". Presently it has no provision of verifying accounts with users phone number, like other tech giants such as Google, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.

You can find "2 Step verification of Upwork" by logging into your Upwork account and then navigate to "User Settings" then click on "Password & Security" tab. Here you can see or set your favorite security question as Two Step Verification Method.

Cheers !

@Neeraj K wrote:

Upwork has "2 step verification for Account Security" in terms of "Security Question & Answer".

That is not what 2-step verification means.

We were told that 2-step verification is in the works, but with no arrival time yet.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS