🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: 2 Suspended Contracts from same client
Page options
mansoorseo001
Community Member

2 Suspended Contracts from same client

Hello People,

I started seeing these message on my 2 contracts from the same client.

Both of them are showing status "Suspended" whil money for 1 connect is automatically paid to me and other contract money is still in Escrow.

I have not done the work yet for any of Contracts.

I am getting this message "Upwork is investigating an issue. Please do not resume work with this client until the contract is active again."

What should I do in this case?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just close the contracts then. That will send the funds for the second contract back to the pyment method they came from.

As for the first contract, go to the contract, click on the three dots on the right and choose "Give Refund".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Mansoor S wrote:

What should I do in this case?

Nothing. The issue is on the client's side and they will either fix it or they won't.

Hello Petra,

Thank you for replying.

With this situation, Is it possible to refund the client of first contract which was approved. 

Will he get his money if I proceed the refund since his account is suspended.

Mansoor S wrote:

With this situation, Is it possible to refund the client of first contract which was approved. 

You could refund and the money would return to the payment method it came from. But why would you do that? 

Why was the first contract approved in the first place if no work has been done? Why were there two contracts with the same client?

What is the client saying about it?

Why don't you wait until the client sorts the issue out? 

I wanted to refund back because job was not done.

Why was the first contract approved in the first place if no work has been done?

It is done from client side. I don't know why he did it though.

Why were there two contracts with the same client?

Second contract were started because first contract did not had sufficiaent fund the complete the work.

What is the client saying about it?

Client wants to close the work because upwork suspended the contract. He want the refund of completed contract.

Why don't you wait until the client sorts the issue out?

Client doesn't seem to be interested in sorting issue. Instead he just want to get the refund and move away.

Thanks

Just close the contracts then. That will send the funds for the second contract back to the pyment method they came from.

As for the first contract, go to the contract, click on the three dots on the right and choose "Give Refund".

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths