🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 2 accounts issue with the same person
Page options
mrasadmalik
Community Member

2 accounts issue with the same person

I have a question regarding two accounts that I have been using. I have a very old freelancer account from 2017 that I barely use and just have one client on it with an ongoing SEO job. Recently I joined an agency as a sales manager and they added me to their upwork account as well. For some reason I got an account suspended email from upwork suddenly saying I cannot use both accounts? And that I need to give up one of them? The system fails to understand that one account is my personal account that has nothing to do with the agency / office / company that has employed me to work for them. This doesn't make any sense as both accounts are completely separate and not in any way linked to each other, my employer doesnt even know about the other personal account and I hardly use it. Is there a solution to this? I have a legit reason to keep two accounts, hope someone here can help. And no "I am not using the same email for both accounts, the company created one for me using their domain, nothing here matches or conflicts with each other on the two accounts except for my name". PLEASE HELP!

2 REPLIES 2
rverang
Community Member

No one is allowed to have 2 accounts.

You might as well read this

JoanneP

Hi Asad,

I checked your account, and it looks like our team has already provided you more information regarding this issue. Please know that freelancers are only allowed to create one Upwork account, and having a duplicate account is a violation of Upwork TOS. You may want to check out the help article that Renante shared to learn more. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths