Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 connects for every project

Community Leader
Scott E Member Since: Feb 24, 2015
11 of 26

"Not quite. On ELance for $10 you get 20 connects more."

They're definately $1 each, if you're buying them seperately, over and above your included allowance. 

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
12 of 26

That's quite possible, but if you pay for a premium account you get an extra 20. Unlike here that allows you to apply for an extra 20 jobs, rather than an extra five. I've never needed the bulk of my Elance connects; I probably lose 45 or 50 each month when they roll over.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
13 of 26

After some thought, I'm with Joachim. I'm a premium member on Elance and, at the start of every month, I have a full allocation of 120 Connects. That's because I hardly ever use any; in the last 13 days I've used five, and that's only because I'm trying to load up on Elance clients before it closes so I can bring them here at 8.75%. I mostly get by on repeat jobs and when I do bid I'm very selective. Cutting the free allocation would wipe out most of the low-ballers and leave the field clear for people who can actually write proper proposals.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
14 of 26

I think they are going to head on to reduce free connects till it will become paid memebership for all. 

Community Guru
15 of 26

Fine by me.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
16 of 26

Yeah, I don't really mind the whole connect system. I don't just post "oh hi hire me I can do job." and blow through my connects in 5 mins.

I pay for the rollover. The high/low averages are OK I suppose. I'm usually the highest bidder anyway, but it's kinda fun to be the first to bid to start the average high. It's kinda lulzy when I bid high,, and then someone who is usually one of those $1 article writers bids high with me.

Awww yeah high bidding trendsetter right here.

Community Guru
17 of 26

I love it when someone's looking for a 10,000 word eBook for $50 and I bid $1,200. The average goes through the roof and all the subsequent bids use that as a target price, so the cheapskate finds himself either having to pay ten times his original budget or go with "Hi i am very talent and rite good for you."

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
18 of 26

@fergus M wrote:

I love it when someone's looking for a 10,000 word eBook for $50 and I bid $1,200. The average goes through the roof and all the subsequent bids use that as a target price, so the cheapskate finds himself either having to pay ten times his original budget or go with "Hi i am very talent and rite good for you."

True story from a few weeks ago.

Lead goes with my #1 competitor farmer dude who farms his stuff to Fiverr. The farmer bids $330 for a few articles and a 10,000 word ebook. A few days later, farmer submits work and the lead comes to me and says "This is really bad, what can you do?" He sends me the farmer's work. The niche was marketing, and it was pretty bad. It's really obvious the guy pays like $1 to some guy on Fiverr. One topic was marketing pixels, and the article was on FB??? It was written poorly but to top it off, the writer didn't know Internet marketing at all.

Anyway, I apologized that he got caught up with a farmer and told him that I can rewrite them, but I can't give him a discount because I'd be writing from my experience and the work is unusable.  He says to me "You are wrong. This guy is the top 1% of Elance writers."   I just kinda stare at the screen. -_-

Anyway, I bid $1200 and never heard from him again. The funny thing is that he contacted about 4-5 other people with the same request and all of them bid between $1000-$1200. He didn't go with anyone. 

Yep, enjoy that useless $330 farmed out ebook...

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
19 of 26

Clear Upwhatever/Elance split on this one. Not that it matters, there'll be very few people remaining from the old Odesk days left soon anyway.

Community Guru
20 of 26

That's OK. I don't think many Elancers will hang around either, unless the average job budget rises considerably.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS