🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: 2 different accounts from 1 PC
Page options
chloe-yozkan
Community Member

2 different accounts from 1 PC

Hello,

My sister was using upwork since some months and I recently decided to join also but we are using 1 computer and IP. Is it a problem we are using the same computer for our 2 different accounts?

Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chloe,

You and your sister can use the same computer to log in and work on Upwork, both of you will need to make sure to log out before the other logs in. 
Please keep in mind that sharing an account is not allowed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Alright thanks.

About the log in and log out, what if she logs in from the PC and I log in from my phone app?

Hi Chloe,

You won't have any problems in this case as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

What does sharing of account not allowed means? 
I have the same concern with login, me and my siblings has an account as well.

Thanks,
Ferds

Hi Ferdinand,

It means that sharing your account with someone else is not allowed. You need to make sure that the login information is not shared and that each user logs in to their own account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Ferdinand S wrote:

Hi Goran, 

What does sharing of account not allowed means? 
I have the same concern with login, me and my siblings has an account as well.

Thanks,
Ferds

It means giving another person access to your account, or you using another account.

Hi, Thank you for your response, The same case is with me and my brother, We have one Laptop, can we use different chrome users? and I think no need to log out from one account? what are your suggestions?

Siddiq U wrote:

Hi, Thank you for your response, The same case is with me and my brother, We have one Laptop, can we use different chrome users? and I think no need to log out from one account? what are your suggestions?

That sounds as if you and your brother want to use the same profile. Don't do that. You must have seperate profiles, and never share your login information. Just to be sure, I suggest you never talk about upwork at the dinnertable, or any place else. 

Suppose 1 Computer has 2 browsers. User 1 do a login from chrome and User 2 do a login from firefox. They can run both accounts on same time?

re: "Suppose 1 Computer has 2 browsers. User 1 do a login from chrome and User 2 do a login from firefox. They can run both accounts on same time?"

I don't think anybody from Upwork should answer this question.

How are multiple users legitimately going to be using the same computer simultaneously?

What you are suggesting might be physically possible, but it strikes me as very dangerous. If I was an Upwork security programmer I would create secret automated algorithms for checking for this sort of thing and I would cause accounts to be flagged so that my team could look more closely at connection logs and terminate the accounts of all users involved.

If an Upwork user is sharing a computer with another user, the I strongly advise them to aggressively log out of Upwork and log out of the computer when they stop working and let another person use the computer.

People sharing the same computer should have separate local computer accounts, and should not share credentials at all, making it impossible for them to log in to another person's local terminal account as well as their Upwork accounts.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths