Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 different password system required.

Saidur R Member Since: Dec 31, 2014
1 of 10

Hello,

I want to set 2 different password:
One for oDesk and another for time tracker tools/ apps.

Saidur Rahman
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
2 of 10

Why would you need that? If oDesk introduced separate passwords for the site and tracker, fraud would go up significantly. People could share their tracker login without having to fear that someone could access their financials.

3 of 10

I need this feature so that I can share my tracker login without having to fear that someone could access my financials. Alternate security oDesk can ensure with two step verification system like as Google Mail (To login need mobile verification code otherwise nobody can’t access to my account). I think this is very important feature to ensure good security for my account.

Saidur Rahman
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
4 of 10

Are you supposed to share your tracker login?

Why would you do this other than to have someone else do a job that you were hired for?

I think you might be opening yourself up to being reviewed doing that.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 10

David beat me to posting first in response to this stunning question (brazenly emphasized with bold typeface so as to leave no question as to its meaning).

To anybody reading this, let me (not an oDesk representative, but a contractor who professionally designs user login systems for clients) spell this out for you:

The "tracker" application being referred to is the oDesk "Team" application. This application does not stream movies, provide healthy recipes or magically cure disease. Account login credentials are not like a hero sandwich you can cut into pieces and share with your friends at work.

This application has only one purpose, which is to track who is doing work on an oDesk contract, how much time they spend doing it, and what they are doing.

If a hypothetical oDesk contractor were to want to share login credentials for the application (time tracker), there is only one conclusion that we can arrive at regarding that person's intentions: The intent is for multiple people other than the identified contractor to use the time-tracking application to log time working on a contract.

If a hypothetical oDesk contracter were to ask me about such a thing, I would, first of all, explain in no uncertain terms that he or she: Should. Never. Do such a thing.

And I would point out that oDesk representatives read all posts posted in this community forum. They often answer our requests for help or information by checking our account details in response to our questions. They could just as easily check out accounts not out of a desire to help an individual forum poster, but to help contractors potentially misled by a group of people posing as a single contractor.

Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
6 of 10

Saidur,

It is against oDesk policy to allow anyone else login to your Team Tracker and do work under your name. 

It will get you removed from this site. Do read the policies that you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Apparently you have not even bothered with that.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 10

Hi Saidur,

As several experienced members of the Community pointed out on this thread, you should never share your log in credentials with anybody for any reason. Please, make sure you comply with the oDesk Policies in order to continue working on the platform.

Thank you for your understanding. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
8 of 10

Hello,

I was just said that "2 different password systems required". But yet I don't share my account on multiple people.

Thank you very much all of you for nice suggestions on my topic.

Saidur Rahman
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 10

Saidur,

It seems that all of us who responded to your post misunderstood your English, and misunderstood about what you meant when you mentioned sharing your login.

I'm glad to hear that it was as simple a matter as that.

Even though you think it might be nice to re-use ("share") the same username you use in your time tracker that you use to log into the oDesk website, but with a different password for the two different systems... As a programmer who does not work for or speak for oDesk, but who creates login systems like this, I can assure you that you will not be getting your wish and you should not request this sort of thing again.

10 of 10

Preston,

I will remember your suggestion.

Thanks again.

Saidur Rahman
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS