Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 freelancers with same first name & initial submit proposals

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
1 of 3

Sounds like a joke, but in the list of proposals for a job I'm keen on, there's an unrelated John K, and I'm afraid the client will see that proposal first, then see my name and assume the same freelancer was listed twice somehow and never look at my proposal. Does anyone know if there's any sort of safeguard in place to make this scenario unlikely?

[Edit] In the meantime, I thought of the bright idea of changing my profile settings to display my full last name, at least for now. I hope that does the trick.

Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

The client sees a list with names and photos and also cover letters. It will be clear at the first sight that both of you are two different persons.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

View solution in original post

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
3 of 3
This widget could not be displayed.

@John K wrote:

Sounds like a joke, but in the list of proposals for a job I'm keen on, there's an unrelated John K, and I'm afraid the client will see that proposal first, then see my name and assume the same freelancer was listed twice somehow and never look at my proposal. Does anyone know if there's any sort of safeguard in place to make this scenario unlikely?

[Edit] In the meantime, I thought of the bright idea of changing my profile settings to display my full last name, at least for now. I hope that does the trick.

You should only be worried if the second John K has the same photo... 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS