🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: 2 separate offers under the same job
Page options
flyrink
Community Member

2 separate offers under the same job

Hello all! 

Back when my Upwork profile was brand new, one of my first clients sent me an offer for a paid test/trial to see if she'd like to work with me long-term. After I did the test, the client sent me a new offer, and I've been working on the project under that contract ever since (it's paid by the hour, as was the test). At the time, I had no idea the new offer would pop up as a separate job on my profile, as I was new to the platform. 

My question is, since the original 'test' is listed as a separate project in the 'In Progress' section of my profile, would closing that contract also close our current project? Just wanted to make sure since both the test and my current project are linked to the same job post.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Andrej P wrote:

My question is, since the original 'test' is listed as a separate project in the 'In Progress' section of my profile, would closing that contract also close our current project? Just wanted to make sure since both the test and my current project are linked to the same job post.

No, it won't, and it would be a good idea to get it closed.

You also have 5 (!!!) ongoing contracts with with the same title from another client, which is potential profile suicide! Get the client to close 4 of those. 

It is never a good idea to have more than 1 open contract with any one client. Imagine you fall out with that client for some silly reason - you could end up with 5 poor feedback in a row and your JSS dropping like a stone... It would take months to recover.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Each contract is distinct and separate.

Doesn't matter if they are from different clients, or the same client.

Closing one contract will have no impact on another contract.

Thank you so much!

petra_r
Community Member

Andrej P wrote:

No, it won't, and it would be a good idea to get it closed.

You also have 5 (!!!) ongoing contracts with with the same title from another client, which is potential profile suicide! Get the client to close 4 of those. 

It is never a good idea to have more than 1 open contract with any one client. Imagine you fall out with that client for some silly reason - you could end up with 5 poor feedback in a row and your JSS dropping like a stone... It would take months to recover.

flyrink
Community Member

Thank you, I figured as much! I'll get it sorted.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members