cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20% Upwork Service Fee

creginaldo
Christine R Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 11

I've been a member of Upwork way back when it was Odesk. My lifetime earnings is more than $10000, $13000 alone just for one client, how come when I see the hourly rate & service fee from my present contract it doesn't seem to reflect the correct service fee for me which should only be at 5%? Can anyone please help me on this. Appreciate your response.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 11

@Christine R wrote:

I've been a member of Upwork way back when it was Odesk. My lifetime earnings is more than $10000, $13000 alone just for one client, how come when I see the hourly rate & service fee from my present contract it doesn't seem to reflect the correct service fee for me which should only be at 5%? Can anyone please help me on this. Appreciate your response.

Because the fee structure is "per client" - not "per lifetime of profile"

The fee with the client you have billed $ 13k with (unless it is an Enterprise client) would be at 5% (Enterprise clients stay at 10% forever, no 20% tier, no 5% tier)

View solution in original post

creginaldo
3 of 11
Thank you for the response Petra! Really appreciate it. I have another question though..If I started working for a client on Nov16 when will I get paid? I've been trying to get more info from the site but for some weird reason every time I click on certain topic I want to know more about it suddenly goes back to the home page, is that normal or is there something wrong with my account? Thanks & look forward to your response especially about when am I going to get paid.
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 11

Hi Christine,

Petra is right. Please check out this help article for more information about Freelancer Service Fees. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
creginaldo
5 of 11
Thanks Joanne! Appreciate your response as well. I do have a few more concerns I'd like to inquire. First, if I started working for a client on Nov16 when will I get paid? I don't see anything available on my account at the moment. Secondly, is it normal that when I try to find out more info by searching the upwork site it suddenly goes back to the home page? Maybe there's something wrong with my account that needs to be fixed. Thanks and I look forward to your response especially about when I should get paid. Normally, I can research the answer on my own but this weird thing that happens on my account is not helping me do it. It happens both on my iphone and macbook so I'm really not sure where it's coming from.
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 11

Hi Christine, 

For your first issue, could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if you are still unable to access our support pages

On the question on when you will get paid, here's a help article that details how your earnings are processed in your Upwork account. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. 

-Avery
Untitled
amsharp
Matt S Member Since: Apr 8, 2021
7 of 11

Upwork is**Edited for community guidelines**. It's shameful

jaycrutcher
Ace Contributor
Jarrad C Member Since: Apr 27, 2019
8 of 11

Matt S wrote:

Upwork is**Edited for community guidelines**. It's shameful

Well they must have sent the wrong guy to my place because he keeps leaving me more and more money.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
9 of 11

Hi Matt,

As a freelancer, you’re charged a sliding fee based on your lifetime billings with each non-Enterprise client. You can read more about it here

-Joanne
Untitled
amsharp
Matt S Member Since: Apr 8, 2021
10 of 11
Did you think for a second I had not read the details? It’s stealing. You and I both know it. It’s dirty, dishonest business. As stated in prior post, it’s shameful.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS