cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 skills for older users vs only 10 for new users?

Ace Contributor
Fatima A Member Since: Sep 26, 2013
1 of 5
I noticed some users can list up to 20 skills whereas others have only 10. I've talked to an oDesk support rep and they said that older profiles (those created before the changes implemented in 2013) can still list the 20 skills they added back when they made their profile--unless they voluntarily choose to remove some. What kind of a system is that? Sitewide changes of this sort should be the same for everyone, otherwise they give some users an advantage over others. A lot of us have had to drop skills because there just wasn't enough room to accommodate them all. I think that's what the idea of this restriction was: ensure people only list what they are BEST at. But then why is it that we're nearing the end of 2014 now and there are still users who don't have to make this choice/honest assessment of their skills unless they explicitly choose to do so? Simply because they joined before 2013? My profile and portfolio can make up well enough for the lost benefit of a skill keyword in a prominent position, IF a client chooses to read it. But I love oDesk for being a relatively fair and neutral platform--this oversight confers an advantage that is neither fair nor neutral. I think this points to a broken upgrade rollout and something oDesk definitely needs to look into. Either standardize 20 skills for everyone OR 10 skills for everyone.
Community Leader
Sandeep C Member Since: Oct 24, 2013
2 of 5
ODesk should remove this bias.
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 5
Only the First four show when a client is looking anyways. There is show more, so I guess you might want your top four skills listed first.
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
4 of 5
[quote=Fatima A.]Either standardize 20 skills for everyone OR 10 skills for everyone.[/quote]
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
5 of 5
For super talented people like me...hint hint...20 skills is not enough!!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS