🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: 200 connects gone, joined Plus plan yet n...
Page options
basictechy
Community Member

200 connects gone, joined Plus plan yet no jobs

I need your help here upwork communities.

I have been fortunate to say the list a while back on Upwork, I got an hourly job and was getting invites up to 15 but had to turn them all down so I can focus on the hourly job. 

For the past 3 weeks, the job is in maintenance mode and I only work 10+ hours a week during this time I have been sending proposals and I hardly get interviews, and when I do they don't respond after sending a single message.

Am using the same methods I always used early this year and I got way too many jobs I had to pick which to work with but now not 1 job for 3 weeks.

1. Is it possible that because I rejected 15 job offers it affected my chances of getting hired?

2. If is not too much trouble please help review my profile, am I missing something

your responses would be highly appreciated as am no longer interested in buying connects to send proposals Smiley Sad

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Andrew Ben R wrote:

I need your help here upwork communities.

I have been fortunate to say the list a while back on Upwork, I got an hourly job and was getting invites up to 15 but had to turn them all down so I can focus on the hourly job. 

For the past 3 weeks, the job is in maintenance mode and I only work 10+ hours a week during this time I have been sending proposals and I hardly get interviews, and when I do they don't respond after sending a single message.

Am using the same methods I always used early this year and I got way too many jobs I had to pick which to work with but now not 1 job for 3 weeks.

1. Is it possible that because I rejected 15 job offers it affected my chances of getting hired?

2. If is not too much trouble please help review my profile, am I missing something

your responses would be highly appreciated as am no longer interested in buying connects to send proposals Smiley Sad

1. No

2. You claim year of experience, but don't have a work history to back it. And, 2 lines for a profile text is really really not enough. A client might spend half a second reading it, and then move on. The more time he spends on your profile, the higher the chance of getting hired. 

3. Where does the myth that being freelancer plus increases your chances come from? So many people seem to believe that, I'm getting curious ...

the same issue with me even i have long contracts history and i did not get jobs for the last few months,

i spend the last 30 days more than 200 connects and i did not get any chances even rear interviews 

i need someone to evaluate my profile!!!!

Dalia, your profile is just a mile-long list.

How about writing something about who you actually are, who your clients are, and what you bring onto the table for improving their businesses?

Dalia K wrote:

the same issue with me even i have long contracts history and i did not get jobs for the last few months,

i spend the last 30 days more than 200 connects and i did not get any chances even rear interviews 

i need someone to evaluate my profile!!!!

Your JSS could be better. Could you maybe get some recent clients to leave feedback, provided it is very good?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members