cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200 hours missing from my account - 6 months gone but no solution from upwork team

Highlighted
Community Leader
Mahmudul H Member Since: Jul 9, 2012
1 of 7

There is around 200 hours missing from my upwork profile, my profile was 3200 hours but now i see only 3000 hours on my profile so around 200 hours has been missing from my profile. i requested about this solution to upwrok around 6months gone but they never provided me any solution for this. upwork team said "We would like to inform you that the issue was escalated to our Technical Support team as there is a bug" but still now i am not getting any kind of solution not even they reply on my support ticket ID 4318015 now what can i do?

thanks a lot but i really want to back my hours. thanks

TOP RATED - WordPress Designer and Developer
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

Were you paid for those hours?

If not: Keep complaining.

If yes: It's a bug. It's eaten your hours. You worked, you were paid.  It may get fixed, it may not. Ultimately, it doesn't matter and isn't worth wasting your time harassing Support about.

In real terms, whether your profile shoes 3000 hours or 3200 hours is totally irrelevant and makes 0 difference to anything.

Highlighted
Community Leader
3 of 7

Hi Petra, thanks for reply, anyways yes i got paid for all that hours, everything was fine but when new odesk (upwork) was cumming may be that time everything goes wrong with me. i mean when they changed the domain name and started new looks of odesk this bugs started from there.

And you said 200 hours is "irrelevant" , "0 difference to anything" i totally disagree with this, hours shows that how much you worked and its a kind of showcase of your experience for my point of views. also this is all about how much your client can trust on you.

You also said, i am trying "harassing Support" if i did that then why i didnt said anything within 6 months? i never disturbed them about it i was just waiting waiting and waiting for their support.

But anyways, thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 7

I understand that you want your hours reflected properly, but once it's with tech support it will either get fixed or it won't, essentially. They can't manually adjust it.

Of course you'd like to see the correct hours on your profile, but whether you have 3000 or 3200 hours worked  will not, in reality, affect any client's decision whether to hire you or not. It's not like it's a difference of 2000 hours.

Frankly once you have over 1000 or so it a few hundred more or less make no difference. Do you really think that any client would base a decision or their view of you on whether you have 3000 or 3200 hours?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Gabriel B Member Since: Nov 25, 2014
5 of 7

I'm reading the most preposterous things here. And I heard a lot of absurd opinions in my life.

As a developer, if I'd have a platform from which I'd get 10% of everyone's earnings, I'd make sure everything is logged, double-logged and triple-logged. There's no margin for any error on such a system. But I see a lot of people starting businesses without any knowledge. That's why I never started one myself and prefer to stay a simple developer: because I know what it means to have a zero-error piece of software and the responsability is sky-high.

Yet, as I said, a lot of entrepreneurs are happy with something that errors once every couple of days. That's fine. That's ok. I've seen software from billion dollar companies that errors out from simple processes. That's cool. Customers may complain, but what are they going to do? Stop buying our software? Ha!

Yeah, everytime I see something like that, I die a little. My good friend quit development altogether after 10 years working in the industry. It simply doesn't care about quality.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Mahmudul,

I've checked and see our agent responded on your ticket in July after our team reviewed your case, and confirmed the total number of hours on your profile is correct.

Highlighted
Community Leader
7 of 7

Thanks for your reply after too many days, anyways after the July i reopen that support tickets because of i was not agree with the solution.

but anyways i can guess i will not get any solution on it Smiley Sad
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS