cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020-03-10 Desktop App Update

pennyswift
Penny S Member Since: Jan 11, 2016
11 of 29

I can't log into Upwork Help and am hoping you will see this message. I  have followed all the instructions to upload Time Tracker but all it does is to upload Upwork. Where do I find what you refer to as the Upwork Desktop App? I used to have Time Tracker, but I trashed that when I uploaded according to your instructions to upload the time tracker app. 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
12 of 29

Hi Penny,

You can download our Desktop app by following the instructions in this Help Article. If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

Untitled
pennyswift
13 of 29

Goran I have followed these instructions over and over. What downloads is Upwork.dmg - and when I install - ie drag into applications, all I get is the Upwork app ... which has been there all the time. Where do I find Time Tracker?

I really am desperate!

Thanks

Penny

g_vasilevski
14 of 29

Hi Penny,

That is the correct process. Once you`ve installed the Desktop app, click on the Upwork app and it will be launched. Then you will need to log in with your username/email and password and once you`re logged in you will be able to select your hourly contracts and track your time. 
To learn more about tracking time with the Desktop app, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

Untitled
pennyswift
15 of 29

I get as far as selecting my hourly contract - but where is the On/Off toggle? That used to be in the Time Tracker window which doesn't show up anywhere.

Apologies if I am being dimwitted, but I used Time Tracker for years - but not since about 2018. And when I launched that it was still wanting to  link to Elance! I deleted it and Upwork - and reinstalled as per your instructions. 

pennyswift
16 of 29

What I am saying is that I only see the Upwork app ... the desktop app is different isn't it? So how do I launch the desktop app? All that shows up is the screen with the green Upwork app that must be dragged into Applications - on that screen. 

g_vasilevski
17 of 29

Hi Penny,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with screenshots from your end so that I can guide you accordingly? Thank you.

Untitled
paulcezardelfin
Paul Cezar D Member Since: Mar 10, 2020
18 of 29

Hey guys need help ASAP as I'm working everyday an hourly

got this problem after the latest update of the Upwork tracker 5.3.3.871

my tracker said that "

THERE WAS A PROBLEM LOADING UPWORK
Please check your internet connection and restart the app."
even if I download directly from the website.. please help..
paulcezardelfin
Paul Cezar D Member Since: Mar 10, 2020
19 of 29

this is the error.. Never had this problem before eversince.. and I have a strong internet connection

Checking step 1...
Error:{"status":0,"statusText":"NetworkError","allResponseHeaders":[],"responseURL":"","response":"Failed to execute 'send' on 'XMLHttpRequest': Failed to load 'https://desktopapp.upwork.com/styles/main.css?_=1583883325987'."}
Checking step 2...
Error:{"status":0,"statusText":"NetworkError","allResponseHeaders":[],"responseURL":"","response":"Failed to execute 'send' on 'XMLHttpRequest': Failed to load 'https://desktopapp.upwork.com/scripts/main.js?_=1583883326027'."}
Checking step 3...
Error:{"status":0,"statusText":"NetworkError","allResponseHeaders":[],"responseURL":"","response":"Failed to execute 'send' on 'XMLHttpRequest': Failed to load 'https://desktopapp.upwork.com/scripts/app.js?_=1583883326028'."}
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
20 of 29

Hi Paul, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS