cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020-03-10 Desktop App Update

Highlighted
Ivan D Member Since: Mar 10, 2020
21 of 29

I was able to making work by removing and downgrading to an old build (5.2) I had downloaded in my history. I'll update once it's fixed.

For windows, I was able to find this build from October 2019, https://updates-desktopapp.upwork.com/binaries/v5_3_3_800_zh8y1qe7l33a9ip6/UpworkSetup64.exe
It may help, maybe you can disable internet conection temporarly until it opens it doesn't try to autoupdate, but I'm not sure how it works in windows.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
22 of 29

Hi Paul, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Have you tried reinstalling the app to see if the issue persists? Also, I wanted to check if you are able to log in to the app?

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Paul Cezar D Member Since: Mar 10, 2020
23 of 29

Hi Avery,

Nope I can't, this is the only thing I get when trying to uninstall and install the tracker again, so I could not logged in.

thanks for the reply..

Untitled.png

Highlighted
Aleksejs M Member Since: Jan 13, 2020
24 of 29

Hi,

After last update to version 5.3.3.871 I can't login to my app.

Highlighted
Ivan D Member Since: Mar 10, 2020
25 of 29

So I had an automatic update today and debian client is not working any more. It just doesn't open.

I try to open it by console and it's throwing this error:

error.png

I reinstalled it downloading the last version (64-bit debian stable) and the issue remains.

I tried `apt install libstdc++6` but it didn't fix the issue.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
26 of 29

Hi Ivan, 

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
27 of 29

The most recent Desktop App update was another fail. Simply accepting the auto-update (which is forced upon us) installs the program into a brand new location instead of updating and overwriting itself.

Furthermore, it still defies all logic why the entire program is installed to users/.../appdata instead of the Programs Folder. In.Ep.Ti.Tude.

Untitled.png

Highlighted
Claudyl B Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
28 of 29

After I was asked to update to the latest version last week, wierd things happened.

First: I turned on autotracker, and it captured 1.50 something hours. When I checked Upwork, whatever autotracked was not captured.

Now, everytime I open the app, it says tracker in progress (even if it's off!). I try to turn it on, it does not allow me to do that!

Then, I tried logging out, I can't because app says it is still running (when it's not). I cannot even install an old version.

Upwork,  please fix your engineering/dev teams or have a testing environment or make sure your QA teams are checking these behaviours! I am lucky that client allows manual, BUT it is a pain and an obvious MONETARY loss for those not allowed manual time entries!

With Upwork's public offering, and millions of users+ customers (excluding Enterprise customers), you would think that Upwork can focus and have the money on making usability of the platform better, and faster!

Video capture is here:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

This is insane.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
29 of 29

Hi Claudyl,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you and thank you for the detailed report. 
I`ve escalated this to our engineering team and one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket to assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS