🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Data Entry Scam???
Page options
628105af
Community Member

24 Hour Emergency Electrician Southgate, Google Business link

Hi there,

So, recently I got few clients that interviewed me and wants me to open this link: **Edited for Community Guidelines** and they want me to follow exactly same steps, such as:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Should I be worry? Or is this normal in an interview? What is this for? According to them, they only want to check my site.

7 REPLIES 7
sullivanliz
Community Member

That is definitely not normal in an interview.

I had 2 invitations today with exactly the same job. But I checked one of them currently are hiring 3 freelancers. If it was a scam, why they hire? And they are “Upwork Plus Client”. I just posted the same issue above, and found this post.
51b0a863
Community Member

I have been invited to 2 similar jobs, both from UK clients, asking to register a Google Business place for a test. After I’ve done the registration and did all they wanted, they said I was not qualified for the job.

Any other freelancers experienced similar client(s)? Was it a sort of scams?

Hi Candra,

You can flag him or contact support for further details.

Regards

Hi Ijlal,

Thanks for the reply.
But they are both “Upwork Plus Client” and had verified payment. And I also checked that they currently hiring 3 freelancers.

I’m sorry I’m new to UpWork, I’m afraid that reporting them would do something bad for my profile as well?

Candra W wrote:
Hi Ijlal,

Thanks for the reply.
But they are both “Upwork Plus Client” and had verified payment. And I also checked that they currently hiring 3 freelancers.

I’m sorry I’m new to UpWork, I’m afraid that reporting them would do something bad for my profile as well?

Reporting a client will not in any way affect your your profile.

This particular job sounds like a scam, but any kind of communication with a client before you have an official Upwork contract in place, must be through Upwork otherwise you and they are breaking the terms of service. So this is all you need to tell a client who wants to contact you away from Upwork. If the client insists, then report them. 

NikolaS

Hi Alfredo and Candra,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths