🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: $2M Earned on Upwork. I would love to HEL...
Page options
virtualbrix
Community Member

$2M Earned on Upwork. I would love to HELP!

Hey Everyone,

I posted this in the newbie group. I can answer newbie questions there,

I can help answer more advanced questions here, I would love to help my fellow freelancers : )

I have been on upwork for 12 years now (previously elance),

I have been on the forums for a couple years but never really participated much,

I figured, what better way than to help others, ask away, some stats below (you can also click to see my profile)

👉 Earned $2 Million+ on Upwork.
👉 Completed 400+ jobs on freelance platforms.
👉 Attained 200+ 5-star reviews.
👉 Worked 40,000+ hours on freelance platforms
👉 Earned a 100% Feedback Rating
👉 Worked with 1,000+ Clients

Thank You - Sam

1,980 REPLIES 1,980
spectralua
Community Member

Hi Sam. Your experience is impressive! It is commendable that you decided to share your knowledge. 👍

Could you look at my profile and suggest what can be improved?

Hello Sam.
Your experience is great! It is commendable that you decided to share your knowledge. :excellent:

Can you take a look at my profile and suggest what could be improved?
Have you had a hard time getting a job on the platform?
can you help me

Thanks.....

Hey Omar,

Thank you for your kind words. At the start, it took me around 2 weeks to get my first job. The thing is, that was 12 Years ago and it was elance, Things have changed as you know. I will have a look at your profile and get back to you here.

Mine too please, I am getting frustrated already because I'm yet to get any job and life has been very tough for me. I really need to work.

Hey Cynthia,

I hope all is well. I am sorry to hear that life has been hard for you. You can do this BUT, you have to really focus on making sure that your profile is complete, from there, you need to get out there and submit proposals.

Hey sam,

am really awestruck that you are doing this, thank you, am in the same situation as cynthia and i think clients in my space filter out people with no upwork experience

Hey Amara,

I had a look at your profile and like the 3D modeling work you have on there.

1. I woudl add a LOT more samples if you have them.
2. I would add videos of your 3D models
3. You will need to go out there and and submit proposal after proposal until you land some
4. Do not focus on the HUGE projects, those are usually given to longer term freelancers (longer history / reviews, etc)
5. You need to build a history /feedback / reviews and testimonials
6. Start small and grow from there, we all started at zero...

Thanks alot samer, you are GOD sent

No worries. we all do our best. Feel free to send along any additional questions as you think about them. Good Luck!

you are really amazing .. 

Just another guy working hard and doing my best!

Dear Samer:

Can you review my profile ?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/faraza17?viewMode=1

Regards.

Thanks..

Sure. No worries. Feel free to reply here if you ever need anything!

Hello Sam 

It is good that you brought this awesome initiative of helping upcoming freelancers. 

Kindly check my profile and give me your feedback

Thanks

Hey Bryan,

I appreciaet the kind words, I will check it out.

Hey Bryan,

I would recommend that you fill out the rest of the profile and than I will have a deeper look. Just edit and add the other sections.

Please edit your profile and go through everything than I can have a look.

Dear Samer

Greetings!

kindly help me, I need help. 

Thanks  

Let me know if you have any additional questions

Hey sam,

Thank you for giving a hand to help us new freelancers. Is it possible to also check mine?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~018a06a7660b3c2bc5

Would really appreciate it.

Hey Rosevic,

I hope all is well, Below are some things I noticed:

1. You have to many emoticons in the opening paragrah and everything below

2. Good Job on the review, it all looks great

3. if you can add an intro video, that would be great

4. More certifications if you can find some that make sense for your niche.

5. Get Testimonials, these are people from outside of Upwork who can leave you a review

6. Continue to work hard, submit proposals and keep those reviews / jss strong

Thanks, sam!

Cynthia, "Great communication/ representation skill" is not a job title. In addition, you need to check your too short profile. I have no idea why you think what you listed is worth $120.00 an hour, but you are never going to get a legitimate job. Your skills are all over the place, yet you don't mention any of them in your introduction.

If you want to be a freelancer, learn the Terms of Service and follow them. Create a profile with a portfolio.

Decide what real skills you have. Typing, writing critique?

Before you get scammed, read this advice from Wes 

Freelancing is a business and must be treated like one if you are to succeed. It is not for everyone, and most freelancers never land a job. You must be professional and competitive in your skills if you want to be a freelancer.

I do agree, you need to take this as a business and not as a "gig". You need to put things in place to become successful.

Hi Jeanne,

would really appreciate if you can review my profile and suggest useful tips, as I am new here.

Dilshad

Please read this post and visit all the links. There is a tremendous amount of help directly through Upwork. If you have already been through the Academy, you can  hover over the links to see where they lead.

Change your photo so you can clearly see your face and remove the background. You need to tell the client in your introduction what you can do for them. There is nothing in your portfolio. Please go through everything I have mentioned. You need to learn more about Upwork and how to write your profile, portfolio, and probably proposals.

Great Advice Jeanne

U are so wonderful and am impress with ur advice, please check my profile and help me see if there's any way I can make an amendment, though am a newbie and haven't gotten any job

Thank you 

Hey Ezeobialu,

I hope all is well, I had a quick look at your profile and here are a few pointers:

- You need to add more portfolio items

- You need to add a video if you can, that always helps.

- Add some certifications here if you can, they also help

- Add more items in your introduction

Hey Jeanne, 

Could you plz check my profile and suggest helpful tips.

Hey Shahryar.

Looks like your profile is private. make public please

Hello Cynthia -- Sending prayers your way. Don't give up! 

Check out Upwork's Academy for Newbies and take the 101 Courses for working on Upwork. They will help you set up your profile for success, set your price, identify and market your skills, write winning proposals, etc.

I have been on the platform for a few weeks and secured several jobs after implementing the tools I learned in the courses. 

Happy to have you on the platform!

Thanks so much!! I am enjoying the journey. 

That is great!

Feel free to let me know if you ever have any questions, I am always around to help (not always, but most of the time) : )

Thanks so much! Will do.

Pleasure. Have a Nice Evening!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths